How do I adjust my starting weight?

Options
I re-re started MFP on 1/1 at 220, but the FIRST time i joined years ago I was 206...so my loss this month still says 0 pounds lost. Any way to adjust this?

Replies

• uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue ... maybe it's silly, but seeing that inaccurate weight tracker is de-motivating.
  • ErinCanRun
    ErinCanRun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It is silly, but it bothers me too. I'm actually working my booty off this time and up until today I was still at a gain not a loss.
  • I had the same issue - I actually lost 7lbs before starting with My Fitness Pal. Fortunately, they have guidance for changing your initial weight here: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/10592-how-do-i-change-my-starting-weight-or-edit-incorrect-weight-entries-

Hope this helps :)
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It's under Check In - under Edit Previous Entries, you can edit your starting weight and date!
  • SKW155
    Options
    Me too :) under check in - edit previous entries - I deleted the old one - updated new starting weight and current lose - it then updated correctly - hope this helps :)
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Ladies, click on the SCALE (under your picture) on the home page, Click on EDIT PREVIOUS ENTRIES (middle of page), and viola, you can change your starting weight.
  • uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's under Check In - under Edit Previous Entries, you can edit your starting weight and date!

THANK YOU! :D
  • ErinCanRun
    ErinCanRun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!!
  • KathyF61
    KathyF61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I guess the Check-In option is only on the premium version?? I can't find it on the basic.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    ZBuffBod wrote: »
    Ladies, click on the SCALE (under your picture) on the home page, Click on EDIT PREVIOUS ENTRIES (middle of page), and viola, you can change your starting weight.

@KathyF61 it is the scale icon on the homepage of the website once you log in. It will be there on the free version.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @KathyF61 - on the website version, click on the scale icon on the homepage. Then click edit previous entries. This will allow you to edit, add, and delete entries and you can change your starting weight.
  • ng123ng
    ng123ng Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue - I actually lost 7lbs before starting with My Fitness Pal. Fortunately, they have guidance for changing your initial weight here: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/10592-how-do-i-change-my-starting-weight-or-edit-incorrect-weight-entries-

Hope this helps :)

Thank you! I wrongly entered my start weight and it was discouraging seeing a .6 lb loss when it was really 2.6 lb loss.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Whenever i try to change my starting weight it just says starting weight can't be empty and goes back to old one.
  • mistah_mumford
    mistah_mumford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to erase all of the old weights at one shot? I went through on my iOS app and swiped them all away one by one but there has to be an easier way to start over clean.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    ​Please see this article, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/10592-how-do-i-change-my-starting-weight-or-edit-incorrect-weight-entries-

You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight or edit previous entries. On your mobile device, you can use the Web browser and request to load the desktop site.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile, which is used to calculate your overall loss (or gain).

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.

a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or

b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.

c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight, since any weight loss or gain calculations use the oldest date/weight.
  • roger3080
    roger3080 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    CyberTone - I performed all your recommendations without success. I only had data in MFP from 24Apr16, so it was easy to change. I then realised my FitBit synced to MFP had data from 2012 and although this did not show in my MFP data, it was using that oldest entry in my FitBit as the start date for the weight loss. I entered my recent starting weight into FitBit using an even older date, re-synced with MFP and it now displays the correct recent weight loss. So folks should check out the data in their synced devices.