Full time working mum, need exercise advice

Options
I have barely 5mins to myself but I need to fit in some exercise. I can't go out in the evenings as baby is in bed and lunchtimes are often taken up with meetings.

Is there anything that will genuinely get the fat burning at home in a small flat with no equipment?? :(

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Try Focus T25! It's only 25 minutes long, 5 days per week and no equipment!

Feel free to friend me if you have more questions! :)
  • JoBo1966
    Options
    I have just joined MFP and also ordered T25. I'm a (generally stressed out and demented) single Mum who works full time. I need motivation... Add me and nag me LOL
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You're best off just being super strict with your calorie deficit and long term plan. You can burn a couple of hundred calories by getting up, walking with the pram, taking the stairs, (cycling to work?) having a dance for 20 minutes in your front room!

When the babies older you can get more training in.

I'm a single mum with no family support and I run a business. It's all about community and helping each other out. I manage 6-10 hours training a week, but it's my anchor!
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Put the baby in the stroller and walk either before work or after dinner.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    20 min bodyweight circuits, tabatas, kettlebell/dumbbell complexes. Or a combo thereof.

Can be done whilst kiddo is napping. I speak from experience.

If you lack direction/experience, you'll find 20-30 min stuff on youtube that'll get you moving.
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    What is T25
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    hnyzthms wrote: »
    What is T25

It's a product from beachbody that people will try to sell you.

Gotta watch out for them beachbody "coaches"...
  • JoBo1966
    Options
    I'm no coach. Bought T25 to join the community and be encouraged by others doing the same fitness. Same to be said of MFP
  • hickslaura153
    Options
    Thanks all :) might get me some kettle bells. Very small flat at the mo but moving soon. I walk everywhere (don't drive) and don't get home until 6pm and babs needs a bath and then in bed by 7pm. Pretty tough to fit in a walk as he's pooped from nursery. I did some dancing with him today though, he laughed at my star jumps haha

Good advice :)
  • lindsay0515
    lindsay0515 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a full time working mom as well and lost 30 lbs. (and tons of inches) with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. For 90 days, I got up 30 minutes early, did the program and modified my diet. It was awesome and didn't take up my lunch breaks or evenings.