hi all newbie here!

Options
Well ive decided (finally) to do something about my weight (ive hated my body for years).
According to all the bmi index charts i should be 164 lb - and im ashamed to say im over the 200 mark!
Ive only ever lost weight once before and im more bothered about dress size than how much i weigh - i want to get down to a size 14 - im currently an 18.
I think my problem is i dont eat enough - i literally have one meal a day - well i did until friday when i joined this group.
Its so hard to remember to eat - especially breakfast - i seem to just get up and get on with the day and before i know it its time to get tea on for everyone (this is the one meal i eat)
Im hoping that by eating 3 meals a day i will lose some weight big time - it helps that i walk for the whole six hours of my job and its not just walking its pulling a loaded pallet truck.
Ive got to look good for a friend moulin rouge night out - the outfit is corset and skirt - but with my thighs not a good combo lol .
Has anyone elses metabolism stopped due to not eating enough?

Replies

• lisab1969
    lisab1969 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My weight loss slowed down from not eating enough. You need to make sure you eat breakfast, this will give your body the kick start it needs to keep you going for the rest of the day. Everybody is entitled to lunch, make sure you take it. I was the worst one for working through lunch. It doesn't pay off. Take sandwiches or salad/pasta salad to work with you for lunch, if you fancy something hot have a soup or jacket potato.

I was over 200lb and my target is 168lb. I was an 18/20 and I'm now getting in the 16/18 and it is coming off. You can do it.

Good luck.

Lx
  • m015647822
    m015647822 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all

And another newbie here who is 187lbs :cry: and trying to get to 137 :flowerforyou: only 50lbs to go - arggghhh!

Day 1 of trying for a new me, new diet, new look at the way I live and hopefully by the end of September somewhere near to cracking half of my goal (maybe a little ambitious there:laugh: ?)

Good luck everyone :wink:
  • x0x0Tarax0x0
    Options
    Newbie, feel free to add me. I could really use some friends that understand what I'm going through and could use some encouragement :]

Today starts day one that it starts.
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Hello bestorgchick welcome to MFP.

The basic is that your body can only get energy from 3 places, your stomace, your fat reserves and your muscle.
    When your body cannot get enuff energy from your stomace it will turn to the fat reserves and if still incuficiant it will also canibalize your muscle.
    When you eat wayyyyyy to little or go from say 2500 Kcal per day to 1300 Kcal per day suddenly it will think its starving and store food like crazy, this will also happen if your body fat % gets rly low ( think of 6-4% or lower depending on your age/size etc ).

Your metabolism doesnt stop else you would be in trouble but your metabolism will slow down like crazy and if you just have 1 meal per day your body will store it because it thinks it starving.

If you can try to eat every 3 hours ( even if its just a little bit like a sandwich smth but if able keep it healty so your metabolism keeps working nonestop )
    Now ofc its hard to eat 6 small meals per day but give it a shot.
    I myself eat 3 meals a day with a few small ''snacks'' in between like a piece of fruit or hand of nuts stuff like that.
    Seeing you have a active job you dont rly need to add cardio to much imo.

Best of luck and hope this info helps a little ^^