Doing lots but still cannot lose weight

Options
Been going to the gym for 3 solid months now doing 50 mins hard exercise on bikes cross trainers and steppers but I haven't lost a pound, my diet is healthy and I stay well under my daily calls allowance something's obviously wrong any advice welcome , I'm 5ft 9 male and weight 14.7 so I'm a lot overweight , I'm trying I really am and what's weird is I've done it before no probs but this time it just isn't happening, AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE... Thanks in advance ps I'm 48

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Either you are over estimating your calorie burns or you are not calculating your calories correctly. Do you use a food scale and how do you get your calorie burn numbers?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Weight loss starts in the kitchen, not in the gym. Exercise is for health and enhances the necessary caloric deficit.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jam55king wrote: »
    Been going to the gym for 3 solid months now doing 50 mins hard exercise on bikes cross trainers and steppers but I haven't lost a pound, my diet is healthy and I stay well under my daily calls allowance something's obviously wrong any advice welcome , I'm 5ft 9 male and weight 14.7 so I'm a lot overweight , I'm trying I really am and what's weird is I've done it before no probs but this time it just isn't happening, AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE... Thanks in advance ps I'm 48

No you don't.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Check this video out and see if you think that this applies to you
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    99% chance you're eating too much
  • Dancetherapist
    Dancetherapist Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You could also stop going to the gym for a week or two (as well as cutting back some more calories per day). For some reason there have been times where I take a break from working out for a week or 3 and have found that I lose weight during those weeks off. Not sure why, maybe something to do with my body/muscles/metabolism recalibrating themselves. Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about, I just thought I would throw out another suggestion. It's also good to remember that stress causes cortisol levels to increase which in turn can make you gain weight. So take it easy on yourself!
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Food scale.
    Basic thyroid labwork, if nothing but to rule out hypothyroidism or autoimmune.