Last night very tough

Options
LH2011
LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
Last night very tough I am a terrible night snacker between 8 & 10pm once kids in bed I love to sit in peace and get to watch TV and eat with no kids asking me for something every 5 mins!!

Last night even through watching TV I spent the whole time thinking about what I wanted to snack on and then thinking why I shouldn't. Ok I know its great I didn't snack but it was a killer I hope it gets easier!!! I also woke up this morning starving never felt so hungry it was really hard to stick to my carlorie allowance for breakfast??

Replies

• vaguelovememos
    Options
    Try a healthy snack before you go to bed, like apple slices or carrot sticks?
  • mal08
    mal08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im the same. I have just put my son to bed and I am watcing sport and all i want is to have something to eat and chill out with. Its even harder having no-one here to distract me. But now that I have mfp I can read all night and distract those cravings. Brushing your teeth helps too...
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    brushing teeth is a great plan.
    personally, i eat ice blocks. i suck them so they last longer. you can get kids ones with about 35 cals in them that are awesome! then you can have 2 and not worry too much anout their impact on your diet.
    my friend swears by putting grapes in the freezer and sucking them like boiled sweets- she reckons they're great.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    How about eating half your evening meal with your family and saving half for after the kids have gone to bed?
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks all loving all those suggestions hope tonight goes better!!
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have to save some calories to allow myself something to eat around 10pm because otherwise I am so hungry I can't sleep. If you're not hungry and just snacking out of habit then finding something to do with your hands is really helpful. Cross stitch is what keeps me from snacking while watching movies. I find it keeps my hands busy but doesn't take so much concentration that I can't follow the plot of a movie.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else who has kids. After they go to bed I want a snack to eat in quiet, and not have to share! I save calories for JUST that reason. My food diary is open if anyone wants to take a peek. Some of my fav late night snacks are:

100 calorie bags of popcorn
    57 calorie fudge pop
    100 clorie apple

I try to keep my sweet treats under 150 calories. I like Skinny Cow and Klondike 100 calorie ice cream items.

Hope this helps.

Also if your going over calories, you may need to adjust your goals or activity level.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Learn to knit or crochet, lol. I like sitting and watching a movie while I knit or crochet because it keeps my hands busy with mindless work that isn't snacking. Not to say I never snack while watching a movie but it definitely cuts it way back. I don't want to get my yummy yarn all dirty! :)
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love my air-popper! I eat popcorn probably 4x a week for my night time snack. I find if I have one around 7:30 then I don't need as much for breakfast. =)