Hi there

Options
Hi, my name is damian. and i'm 19. I might as well tell you all who i am, and my story..
well, i certainly don't like to hide any secrets. I'm female-to-male transgender. (Yes i was born a female) I am 3 months and 13 days on Testosterone. It has lowered my voice, and gave me muscle mass. I hope this won't cause any problems, i'm very open and friendly, and i hope you are to.

I started to gain weight back in may of 10'. It happened around my birthday actually, maybe a week before. I weighed 117 and my height was 5' 6". I was probably the skinniest person in my family. it all started with my birthday cake, i had a few pieces. Then maybe a few days later, my mom bought cookies. i ate maybe 5 or 6..but this didnt stop. my mom didnt stop buying junk food. i never had a problem before with junk food, but something seemed to have changed, and that would be my portions..
I gradually gained weight throughout the summer, and in the winter i weighed in at 150. started testosterone in late january, may have added a few extra pounds (muscle), and now i weigh in at 163. i have gained a total of 46 lbs in perhaps exactly a year.

My plan, to loose at least 2 lbs a week. I didn't know where to start, but this website is where i'm starting a beginning and putting a end to my weight gain.

I hope to hear your stories as well, get tips and hopfully loose the weight i gained.

sorry if this is long haha ^_^;;

Replies

• simone74
    simone74 Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome, I commend you on your courage!
  • bestorgchick
    Options
    Welcome! It doesnt matter who you are or who you choose to love, wether your black white pink or blue - we are are here with the same problem which is unwanted weight - good luck - Im a newbie too so we can help each other!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Very brave story you've got there. I'm sure the testosterone will cause all sorts of different weight issues not regularly encountered, but I'm sure combining weight training with cardio will help tone you up and burn calories.

Sent you a friend request :smile:
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ''bro'' =)
    Brave of you to throw your story out there.
    Like BerryH said just start doing cardio and maybe some weight training, light weights with more reps if u just wanna lose some weight and if you wanna look a little more ''buff'' hit some heavier weights ofc, no idea how you wanna look now that your a guy so to speak ^^

Now I'm no pro ofc and you should consult a docter or smth but if u can limit your testosterone intake imo, drugs/steroids/hormone's etc are pretty much always bad if used much and on a long term.

Also feel free to add me to your friends, best of luck on your new life and weightloss journey !