help im hungry!!

Options
Well ive just started this diet - ive gone from eating one meal a day to eating three - but im hungry all the time now - ive not given into temptation - but ive only been eating properly since friday! im confused can i eat as much pasta as i want ? i love the stuff but dont want to start and fail before i start - please help!

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Protein, high fiber, and lots of fruits and veggies that you can eat a TON of, without any guilt! Check out my diary and you will see how much I eat, and it is a whole lot of veggies and fruit....Its hard to get used to everything, but You can do this girl!
  • mal08
    mal08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How did you not get hungry eating just one meal a day before you started eating 3??
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    I tried looking at your diary to see how many calories you are allowing yourself as you do not mention that. As for eating as much pasta as you want my answer to that is no, pasta has a lot of calories and I weigh it out before I cook it and have just one serving of wholewheat spaghetti (75grams pre-cooked weight). It is enough as I have a salad with it as well as 1 piece of garlic bread. IF you are hungry maybe you are not allowing yourself enough calories.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    No, you can't eat as much pasta as you want and expect to lose weight. First off, use whole grain pasta, and secondly, measure measure measure. That way you'll know how much you're eating AND be able to easily log it in your diary. Try logging things before you eat them. You don't HAVE to limit yourself to three meals a day, but just stay within your calories.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    How did you not get hungry eating just one meal a day before you started eating 3??

Not sure how that works, but I was the same way. I generally only ate one meal. When I decided I needed to lose a few pounds and hooked up with MFP it took awhile for my body to readjust. I reckon I tended to supply calories with sugary drinks and cigs. Since I gave those up and found this site, my body is adjusting much better. I still have hungry days every so often, but then I make a great big salad with lots of veggies and eat away. Stick with it and NO if you eat lots of pasta you have to exercise more! Good luck on your journey. Stick with us!
  • bestorgchick
    Options
    im supposed to have 1380 calories a day but when i put my exercise from work ( i walk for 6 hrs a day pulling a loaded pallet truck) it shoots upto 2800!! it doesnt makes sense lol - years of telling myself im not hungry and having a ciggie instead of a meal have made my body go into hybernation mode - the calories i consume get stored because my body doesnt know when the next meal will be - im just hoping the weight doesnt go on before my body reboots my metabolism
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Then you need to change you activity level in your settings if this is a daily thing that you do! Then it will account for all those extra calories and you wont have to worry about this...
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Can I add you as a friend please. I need to see your diary, cause I keep going over my daily allowance.