Not loosing

Options
I've lost 7 stone since 2014 but now I'm weighing 9st 8lbs and have done for months! I can't seem to loose any more. Advise??

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • laurengilbert08
    laurengilbert08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this? I haven't a clue how to??!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this? I haven't a clue how to??!

Go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
    Choose "Public"
    Save Changes.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The most common problems we see come from underestimating calories eaten and overestimating calories burned.

You're logging everything you eat? Including condiments, cooking oils, veggies, cheat days, etc? Are you using a food scale, measuring cups, or eyeballing your portion sizes? Most people can be off in their estimates by several hundred calories when they eyeball portions. Measuring cups are better, but a food scale is going to be the most accurate.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1290491-how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale

And make sure that you've calculated your calorie goals appropriately. Remember that these are just estimates. You may need to play around a little to find what works best for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

If you're exercising and eating back your earned exercise calories, be sure that you're using accurate estimates of your burn. MFP and gym machines have a tendency to overestimate certain activities, which can cause you to eat back more calories than you need to. Even a heart rate monitor isn't 100% accurate. If you're eating those extra earned calories it might be a good idea to eat only 50-75% of those.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How old/tall are you and what is you goal weight? 134 pounds should put you in a healthy BMI range unless you're quite short or tall, and the final pounds can be tough to come off. You have to make sure you're logging everything accurately and honestly.
  • laurengilbert08
    Options
    My dairy is now public if somebody could take a look! Thankyou:)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Are you really only eating 600-900 calories a day?
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    My dairy is now public if somebody could take a look! Thankyou:)

There's no way you're eating enough. You're eating only 900 Calories and sometimes netting less than 500. You seriously need to up your net calories to AT LEAST 1200.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    You only have four days logged. This is not long enough. Additionally, do not use generic entries, as they are not always accurate. Weigh and measure everything and be patient.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    How about you are eating less than 1000 calories a day? You are not eating enough. You would get more calories intravenously if you were in a coma (not kidding here.).

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Use this to figure out where you should be. Plus all the things @diannethegeek posted above.
  • laurengilbert08
    Options
    Will upping calories help with weightloss? I also eat a lot of veg, will to much make me out weight on??
  • redheaddee
    Options
    Will upping calories help with weightloss? I also eat a lot of veg, will to much make me out weight on??

Upping your calories most certainly can and will help. How tall are you?
  • laurengilbert08
    Options
    5ft 6
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

Are you not logging the vegetables???
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    134 is a perfectly healthy weight for 5'6. How much more are you wanting to lose? Why do you want to lose more?
  • redheaddee
    Options
    Your BMR (base metabolic rate: what they feed you in a coma) is 1367.
    To maintain current weight: 1640 calories.
    So to lose fat at a 15% reduction in calories, you are looking at 1394 calories.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I can't think in stones so I just got out my handy dandy calculator. OP, you say you lost 98 lbs in 2014 and currently weigh 134 lbs. According to your profile ticker you want to lose 27 more, which would put you at 107 lbs. At 5'6" that's a BMI of 17.3. In the last 4 days you've been eating less than 1000 cals a day.

There is something seriously wrong here.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Did you lose those 94 or so pounds eating such a small amount of food? If so, you are not losing safely and sustainably. Go to a calorie calculator or Total Daily Energy Expenditure calculator and find out what you need to be eating to maintain at your current weight, or at the most lose .5 pounds per week, even though at your weight I'm not sure why you would need to.

What are your goals? Are you still losing because you feel you are still "flabby?" Are you doing any strength training?
  • VAJohn27
    VAJohn27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I believe your calorie count must be inaccurate, because you've held your current weight for so long. So, just begin to log everything more precisely, taking the trouble to build specific recipes and edit values for your specific list foods and recipes. It takes time, especially at first, but it's accurate and necessary -and well worth it. Thanks to beer, peanut butter crackers, and popcorn, I was WAY over every day, and gaining a few pounds a month, that is until I started trusting my own accurately-entered numbers. Not even a week in, I haven't lost any weight, but I know it's coming because my calculations show that I've stopped eating an average of 1,000 extra calories per day. I used a few "average day" scenarios to determine that number. It is, sadly, accurate.

On losing more weight: Without checking the calculations/ratios of other respondents, I also suggest you confirm the need for losing (much) more weight. No judgment, just my thought. I'm no expert, but I do have some second-hand knowledge regarding super low calorie intake. There's often a point where losing pounds for body image AND health reasons can become just a body image issue. Not eating enough calories can inhibit the efficiency of the body's natural metabolism, because the body is conserving what's not being replaced consistently.

Our bodies are primarily an inside-out machine, but we often think of them as visual displays. Look, I'm just a guy in his late fifties trying to make an awkward point or two here, but I'll be foolish enough to complete my thought: Take a month and tighten up the food-logging part, then take a few months to balance calorie sources (protein fat, carbs), then take a month or two to construct or tweak a proper approach to exercise and activity, logging that aspect accurately, as well. At the end of 4-5 months, you'll have a more capable inside-out machine developing, and the various processes involved will be more automatic.

Then, you'll have a great basis for assessing what's next for you.

Please forgive my long-winded response. I get like that, at times.

• nsoss
    nsoss Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Too few calories

Too many carbs

Not enough protein