Jawbone UP24?

Options
i just got one. Anyone use it? What do you guys think in terms of accuracy? How do you like it? Any success stories with it?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Love it, but don't think the sleeping log is all that accurate.
  • antonyheaven
    antonyheaven Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Also love it. Not sure how accurate it is but it's a consistent measure so worth getting used to
  • Pixl
    Pixl Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm happy with mine. Of course these things are not 100% accurate but pretty much all the reviews that I read about activity trackers say that this one is the most accurate of the ones in the market right now. Especially for the sleep tracking. Although you have to remember that it's not 100% so if that is what you expect you are going to be disappointed. For instance it doesn't always register when you wake up if you continue to lay there very still, it registers that as light sleep. If you can take these small mistakes then it's pretty good! Looks nice too, I get a lot of compliments for my nice "bracelet" =P
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pixl wrote: »
    I'm happy with mine. Of course these things are not 100% accurate but pretty much all the reviews that I read about activity trackers say that this one is the most accurate of the ones in the market right now. Especially for the sleep tracking. Although you have to remember that it's not 100% so if that is what you expect you are going to be disappointed. For instance it doesn't always register when you wake up if you continue to lay there very still, it registers that as light sleep. If you can take these small mistakes then it's pretty good! Looks nice too, I get a lot of compliments for my nice "bracelet" =P

YES! This is what I noticed as well. Still, love the dang thing!
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    How does it work with Myfitnesspal. I've noticed in people's diaries that there is a calorie adjustment. How many calories does MFP assume you are doing and what make the adjustment?
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I actually find the sleep tracker reasonably accurate (including my middle of the night lie awake stretches).

I suspect it's a bit overoptimistic about my activity when I am able to move my arm while walking (and sometimes I don't because I'm carrying something or pushing a cart or something) but it suits my purposes and spurs me to more activity.

It links up with MFP pretty well, although sometimes a bit slowly.

Mine now has added features with a software upgrade, such that it scores my meals (as reflected back at it from MFP). If I don't like that, I suspect I can turn it off. For now, that amuses me.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I love mine, and overall I found things to be pretty accurate (steps, sleeping etc). The meal scores are just fun to look at, but I don't use the food logging function in the app. Feel free to add me to your UP24 team (for a little extra accountability and motivation).
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet

Your UP total burn is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), aka your maintenance calories. If you eat less than that, you will lose weight.