the" taste like wendys frosty skinny shake"

Options
has anyone tried this? its supposed to help keep u full for hours and give u energy

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    There's nothing magical about almond milk, cocoa powder, and 1/3 of a banana. It does look like a tasty, low cal drink though.
    My smoothies (when I have them) are more calorically dense, and they do keep me full for hours.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    I like to eat more calories, not drink them.
  • msbengbeng
    msbengbeng Posts: 59 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It is all about preference. If you find the combination enjoyable then it is a win. I find my cravings lean towards liquids at times. I am addicted to synergy chia beverages. They are about 140 calories, many would rather eat that 140, but this drink is a treat for me and the plus is I find it filling and oh so yummy. Eat what you like and stay in your goals!
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I like to eat more calories, not drink them.

This! I hate wasting my precious calories on liquids. Give me the food!!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    That definitely wouldn't keep me full for long. There's no magic foods out there. Eat at a slight deficit, weigh your foods on a digital food scale, & only limit the foods that you can't moderate without eating while trying to learn how to moderate them in the process.

If the shake helps you stay fuller longer then incorporate it into your daily foods, but if it doesn't then don't waste the calories.
  • projecthotbel
    projecthotbel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love these types of treats. I don't mind drinking about 20% of my calories! Soy milk, almond milk, smoothies, coffee, tea, wine.... yum!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    There's nothing magical about almond milk, cocoa powder, and 1/3 of a banana. It does look like a tasty, low cal drink though.
    My smoothies (when I have them) are more calorically dense, and they do keep me full for hours.

That would not taste like a Wendy's Frosty. It has been a very long time since I had one of those, but still, that combination of foods wouldn't fool me.

• mnl1978
    Options
    i love smoothies. i think im gonna try those shake smoothies from i think dole? there frozen u add juice and shake and it comes as a smoothie that way i can get my fruit in to.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Dont buy the smoothie kits, unless you have mo.ey to burn.

Just buy some frozen fruits (dollar tree has lots!), dump some in a blender with yogurt, juice or milk (or a combo of all 3) and blend until smooth.