X Box Kinect

Options
Hi All,

I'm new to this website, just joined today. i am 5'6 and currently weigh 11 Stone 11 Lbs, I want to get back down to 9 and a half stone. I am setting 1/2 stone goals for myself so it comes off quite slowly. (hopefully be more likely to keep it off then!!)

I am wondering if anyone has ever used the 'X Box kinect' as an exercise method? I have the ‘your shape fitness evolved’ game and have been using it about three times a week for about 30-45 mins a time. Does anyone have any other games or things I could use on there?

Hope this works, (hopefully I’ve posted correctly! :0))

Thanks All,
I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone and finding my way around this site.

H x

Replies

• Fat2FitAmanda
    Fat2FitAmanda Posts: 118
    Options
    I have EA Sports Active 2 on there and it's a really good workout. I like how it gives you a set amount of days to do it so I felt obligated to do it or it'd show a missed workout.
  • thefantasticmrsfox
    thefantasticmrsfox Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do zumba, sports and the adventures. i play for about an hour a go and I usually hurt for a day afterward :)
  • bbuck06
    bbuck06 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey there! We have a kinect too, and I use the Biggest Loser game. Not as frequently as I like/should, but we have a fitness center at our apartment complex I go to. Anyway.... I definitely believe Kinect is a great form of exercise. I usually feel a good burn during/after working out with it, and I'll even be sore for the next day or two... I say as long as you are really trying your hardest and pushing yourself to do the moves exactly as they are shown on tv, then there's no reason it wouldn't help you in your weightloss journey. No different than people using tv for P90x or 30 Day Shred. Best of luck in reaching your goals!
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I use Workout Mode on Dance Central at least once a week -- usually twice. I love it.
  • Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi I use the Kinect Your Shape Evolved, Kinect Sports,Adventures and Dance Central. I think they're are great way to exercise at home and you can also track your progress with Your Shape online and on an app which I really like.

You can also challenge other friends and set goals. I've noticed a huge improvement in my fitness since using it.