HAD 2 C-Sections : Trying to lose weight/heal body from ailments

Options
Hi! I'm Ashley and I'm 23 years old. I just had my second child 5 months ago and trying to lose weight from both pregnancies. I suffer from asthma, kidney stones, low back pain, and have achey joints every now and then. I know a lot of these will be healed with lost weight so I'm looking for motivation! anyone got their tummy right after they ripped you open from a c section?

Replies

• FunUsername
    FunUsername Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi Ashley. Am new myself and in last 6 years, 2 sections and multiple issues after ... hmm no help on the loss/success stories ... yet

Best of luck with yours.
  • dylangrrrrl
    dylangrrrrl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley, I've had 2 babies (one natural, one c section), the youngest just turned 1 year and am just now starting to focus on me! I would go easy on yourself this early after c section. I too, would love to hear some success stories. :) I do enjoy Postnatal stretching with a small amount of tummy and leg lifts by Erin O'Brien
    http://www.amazon.com/POSTNATAL-RESCUE-WITH-ERIN-OBRIEN/dp/B000NVKZUQ
    This video saved me when my shoulders/back were messed up from breastfeeding. Good luck on your journey!
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be stricter on myself after my second pregnancy because my first one I completely let myself go and gained over 60 pounds. When I saw pictures around this New Years of my self, I knew I had to change. But I'm starting small with what i eat! I started a 30 day detox on the first of January called whole30 and has changed how I eat completely!! I'm now transitioning into a paleo diet and since New Years have lost 12 lbs! Eating wholesome real food has been the key to unlock this door for me so far! I have way more energy less headaches, my stinging back pain subsided a bit! I'm eager to see how far I can go now that I'm so determined!
  • aryseespieces
    Options
    Thank you dylangrrrrl for the video! I'll definitely check that out! :D
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections and 3 natural births. It took work but I got my body back. It is do-able with lifestyle change and not "quick fix" programs.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's only been 5 months so give yourself a break

But yes it's doable...I'm not completely there yet but well on my way (I had 2 sections too but my youngest is now 10)

Weights / resistance and dropping body fat
  • aryseespieces
    Options
    What if "get my body back" is something I don't want to do but be even better than that? I've been overweight most of my life.