Recipe calorie caculator

Options
oriole35
oriole35 Posts: 40 Member
Does anyone have another site or app they use to calculate calories? The recipe calculator doesn't work for me on this site. The recipe and meal calculators will not allow for changes so basically it makes both the old and new versions useless. I am not sure if it is just my computers and tablets. It doesn't seem anyone else is complaining about this.
So I am looking for another site or app to calculate my own recipe or meal calories. I would love an app to use on my tablet. I like keeping that in the kitchen, for the timers and cooking apps I have on it. Even better if I could import the information here.

Replies

• echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Editing recipes is kind of a pain on this site, but it's not impossible. Trust me, it's not just your computers and tablets. I don't have another site for you to use, but I can tell you how to use this one.

To edit a recipe on the website:
    On the top blue bar, click "Food" then when you're at that page, click "Recipes" on the darker blue bar that is below it. Click on the recipe you want to edit. Towards the top of the nutrition fact, just to the left, is a link for "Edit recipe." There you can edit or add ingredients.

To edit a recipe on the app - specifically iPad, but it should be pretty similar.
    Go to (or pull up) the left hand menu. Towards the bottom there should be what looks like a little cog. It may say "Settings" next to it. Tap it. Tap "My Foods and Exercises" and then "My Recipes." From there, click on the recipe you wish to make changes to and you can do so. Though it's trickier to get to, I find recipes easier to edit when using the app.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • rachelleigh4988
    rachelleigh4988 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use this one and then add in all the information on to this site to log my calories and macros.
    http://www.caloriecount.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Is it the new calculator on MFP you're having trouble with?

There's no longer a way to get to the old MFP recipe calculator from the site I don't think, but I have it bookmarked & it seems to still work! I beg MFP to never remove the old calculator because the new one is completely unusable to me (and a lot of others, apparently!)

Anyways, here's the link I have: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator

It's much easier to use, in my opinion.
  • oriole35
    Options
    echofm1 wrote: »
    Editing recipes is kind of a pain on this site, but it's not impossible. Trust me, it's not just your computers and tablets. I don't have another site for you to use, but I can tell you how to use this one.

To edit a recipe on the website:
    On the top blue bar, click "Food" then when you're at that page, click "Recipes" on the darker blue bar that is below it. Click on the recipe you want to edit. Towards the top of the nutrition fact, just to the left, is a link for "Edit recipe." There you can edit or add ingredients.

So what you are suggesting is my complaint. I got as far as edit recipe, then when you choose the item say dill pickle relish and want to change it to sweet pickle you can't, it acts like it is going to do something but it just reverts back to the old recipe. An endless loop of nothing.

So if this works for you, then maybe it really is something to do with my equipment.
  • oriole35
    Options
    daw0518 wrote: »
    Is it the new calculator on MFP you're having trouble with?

There's no longer a way to get to the old MFP recipe calculator from the site I don't think, but I have it bookmarked & it seems to still work! I beg MFP to never remove the old calculator because the new one is completely unusable to me (and a lot of others, apparently!)

Anyways, here's the link I have: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator

It's much easier to use, in my opinion.

This leads to the same link I have been using for entering my recipes by item. Again, if you need to change it later you just have to delete it and start over.

• oriole35
    Options
    I use this one and then add in all the information on to this site to log my calories and macros.
    http://www.caloriecount.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
    Yes, this is the only one I have found that works, but again not that well. I guess I was hoping for a real recipe calculator even if I had to purchase it. It is a shame that the site with the biggest database is so lame in this respect. The main reason I joined this site was the big data base, I do eat a lot of odd stuff and it has almost always been in the database.