100 Pounds Lost (with Before & After pic)!

Options
I realized today that I've never shared my story on here so I'm going to take a leap and do just that!

I grew up overweight. I weighed 180lbs when I was 13 years old which was also the same year I downed a box of diet pills and woke up depressed that they never worked. 13 years old!

I spent the majority of my childhood being teased for my weight and I allowed myself to play victim of that until I was well into my 20's and ate my way to 250 pounds.

At the end of 2006, heavier than I've ever been living in a bachelor basement apartment, barely able to make ends meet and miserable at my "unlucky life" I had the "ah-ha" moment that changed my life forever.

I took at good look at the people in my family. I come from a LARGE family (literally AND figuratively) and almost all of them are obese. Not just overweight but OBESE like I was (but of COURSE I wouldn't admit that, "overweight" was a nicer term). I finally took a good look at them and all of their various weight and health-related illnesses and it dawned on me: if I didn't do something about my health I would either wind up like them, plagued by preventable illness or disease or I'd be dead by 40. I spent so much of my life blaming everyone else on my weight, lack of direction, lack of friends, lack of living LIFE that I didn't have the patience to understand what self-responsibility was all about!

When it finally hit me that I could be dead of heart disease by 40 I knew something had to change. So I told myself, seriously this time, that if I was going to do it, it would be on my OWN terms. I wasn't going to diet anymore. I was going to figure out how to CHANGE MY LIFE to live a healthier one.

Almost 9 years later, through learning how to eat healthy, taking up running and completing Turbo Fire and ChaLEAN Extreme I lost 100 pounds!

But it's not the weight that was the biggest change - my WHOLE LIFE CHANGED when I took my own health into my own hands. I started doing things I never thought possible. I ran a 5k, 8k, 10k, half marathon, 30k! I climbed the CN Tower STAIRS, completed the Insanity workout program!!! My confidence SOARED as I dared to make goals that stretched my self-perceived limits.

When I got pregnant in 2013 I shocked myself at still being able to do a perfectly 90 degree roundhouse kick one week before I gave birth.

The funny thing is? I'm not at my goal. I don't even know what that is yet but I'm still working on it and I know I'll get there because I've discovered over the last several years that I can do ANYTHING if I put my mind to it.

I now know that my purpose is to help other people who were in a similar position to where I was discover the fullness of their lives by taking control of their health.

Feel free to friend me if you've committed to taking control of your life and are ready to do whatever it takes to reaching your goal! I love being motivated by you!!!

TF-Transfo.jpg

Replies

• missybrian
    missybrian Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look amazing! Great job
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That is awesone! You look amazing and thank you for sharing your story!!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational. Congrats!
  • Kaffiefred
    Kaffiefred Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Well done, your story is similar to mine. Taking control of your life and been responsible for your own destiny :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    "When I got pregnant in 2013 I shocked myself at still being able to do a perfectly 90 degree roundhouse kick one week before I gave birth"

I mean....dayum girl!!!!!
  • yolo9752
    yolo9752 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!
  • melx123
    melx123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome. ^.^
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's such an awesome story, a lot the same as mine, as far as lifelong weight issues and family history of being overweight, not taking responsibility, not having friends, not living, etc. lol My story is still at the beginning stages but yours has given me a lot of inspiration!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Exyotter
    Exyotter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! Please please please - how did you do it? You said it's taken nine years, so I guess this is a permanent change? I'm desperately trying to lose weight after months of steroid treatment for a lung condition. I've always been overweight but two years ago I started running and things improved. Sadly I got ill and had to stop. Now nothing seems to work and I just gain and gain... Your story is inspirational!
  • curlydaman
    curlydaman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration of don't give up! We all can do it! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!
  • endogirrl
    Options
    Amazing!
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great story. Thank you for sharing!!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love your after photo. So much happiness and confidence!
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Wtg! Congrats!
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AMAZING! Thanks for the inspiration! You look absolutely wonderful and so happy!
  • jenniferbleeks2014
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats well done
  • lysy5358
    lysy5358 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting a permanent life change because my "ah hah" moment when i realized my own value and will not allow anyone else to treat me with less value than I treat myself. love your testimony. I can and will also.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Exyotter wrote: »
    Wow, amazing! Please please please - how did you do it? You said it's taken nine years, so I guess this is a permanent change? I'm desperately trying to lose weight after months of steroid treatment for a lung condition. I've always been overweight but two years ago I started running and things improved. Sadly I got ill and had to stop. Now nothing seems to work and I just gain and gain... Your story is inspirational!

Friend me and we'll chat!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!