Confused about eating habits!

Options
Today was my first day back on myfitnesspal. I logged in what I ate and it ended up at 740 calories total. I'm not hungry! I even added in a 90 calorie brownie.
The thing is that I didn't exercise at all today. Is my calorie intake still not enough?

Replies

• emilyGPK
    emilyGPK Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would not worry about any single day. It is normal to have low or high appetite for a day or two. See if it lasts before paying much attention to these things.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't force yourself to eat. Focus more on your weekly calories instead of daily calories. Maybe tomorrow you'll be starving and eat over. Just don't make a habit of being under 1200 calories, as it can lead to other health problems.
  • Solisj343
    Solisj343 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem, I seem to be not hungry.... I try to eat items that have less carbohydrates, sugar and more calories; but still end up short...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    How are you getting your calorie counts? Weighing food on a scale?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    It's not enough, no. I'd guess that you ate more than you realize, therefore feeling fuller than expected. That or you are psyching yourself into believing you are full.
  • TrinNZ
    TrinNZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would suggest choosing more calorie dense foods. Dates for example are high calorie and aren't hugely filling so you could probably easily add say 5 dates to a smoothie and you would boost your calorie intake to a better level.
  • RobLeiMa
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I don't have a scale to weigh my food, I just add food as I eat it to my food diary. I ate some crackers and cheese (I ran out of brownie and didn't realize), but that put me at around 417. I'll work harder on evening out. I'll have a rice cake with peanut butter in the morning. Hopefully that will bring me to where I need to be
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    As said in the first post one or two days isnt going to do you any harm, but the long term trend is you need to eat enough to give your body the correct nutrition or it becomes unhealthy. One of the things I find bizarre about MFP is that its common to see posters (not directed at OP) who have obviously been expert at eating many hundreds or thousands of calories extra and then suddently start posting about somehow being full up and not eating enough.

Healthy balanced diet is where its at and you can do that whilst still maintaining a deficit, which in turn will mean you will lose weight.

If you dont get results then get some scales and start weighing so your calorie intake becomes more accurate/
  • mandykent111
    mandykent111 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You are certainly eat very few calories, and it is important to eat. What I suggest is you focus on which foods you are eating. If you are going to eat so few calories, make sure you are still getting all the nutrients you need. Maybe add in a protein shake too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I am always amazed that people get to the place where they need to lose weight...and basically overnight they are unable to eat a mere 1000 calories.

I would also add that if you're just eyeballing your food, how do you know what to log? In addition to being amazed, I'm also convinced that people are eating more, and sometimes substantially more than they think they are.
  • tanyabecka
    tanyabecka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had that problem at first too! There are foods that are good for you that still have ~100 calories per serving! Feel free to add me and see my meal/snack choices! Also, having 3 meals and then smaller meals in between helps. I have breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, pre/post workout and a small dinner.