28 DAY SQUAT CHALLENGE !!!

ok people! Who's doing the 28 day squat challenge ???

Replies

• Pacoloco
    Pacoloco Posts: 9 Member
    What is it
  • I'm going to give the squat challenge a try.
  • codabest
    codabest Posts: 3 Member
    Going for it!
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    I'm doing it
  • ejdutton
    ejdutton Posts: 329 Member
    I started yesterday and my legs kill already!
  • sunheechung
    sunheechung Posts: 24 Member
    starting mine !!!!!
  • codabest
    codabest Posts: 3 Member
    First day down. Did extra squats performing alterations fittings. That's how I make my living.
  • I started yesterday since there are conveniently 28 days in February.
  • ijakaityte820
    ijakaityte820 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm in as well! Starting from tomorrow the squat challenge programe which apparently should transform my butt completely:)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Uh, yeah. It's much more effective to a) take rest days, and b) add weight to your squat via dumbbells or ideally a barbell. If you can do squats for a month straight while increasing the number of squats to an unnecessary amount, you are better off squatting in a rack.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    I started yesterday....did 20 and 30 this morning.....not as easy as it sounds especially keeping good form...I'm not quitting though!!!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    G35GT wrote: »
    Is there some purpose of this challenge?

Yeah, so you can brag on the Internet. That's about it.
  • ShelieJones
    ShelieJones Posts: 1 Member

Umm, yeah... to strengthen and tone your leg and abdominal muscles.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Pacoloco wrote: »
    What is it

I believe this is what they are referring to: blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-28-day-squat-challenge-youll-want-to-start-now/
  • G35GT wrote: »

I don't think it's bragging. It's encouraging one another. I thought that was sorta the point of the FITNESS AND EXERCISE FORUM?

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member

I don't think it's bragging. It's encouraging one another. I thought that was sorta the point of the FITNESS AND EXERCISE FORUM?
    People would be much better off encouraging each other on normal squats, though. No one should be squatting daily. And if you can do 30+ bodyweight squats in a row... it's time to do weighted squats at the gym. Or one-legged squats if you are not part of a gym.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited February 2015
    Its a beginner body weight squat program. Not everyone is going to breeze through it. Especially if they are overweight to start with. Nothing wrong with working on work capacity either. By the end, most people that can complete it, should be ready to advance to harder moves or start adding resistance. I think its a great little program especially if you add on some upper body work and some cardio.
  • Lhaura
    Lhaura Posts: 1 Member
    Day 1 complete! To be honest, I have started but never finished the squat challenge many times. I am so determined to get through the next 27 days! Summer is right around the corner and I don't want to wear a skirted bathing suit again because I'm embarrassed of my thighs and butt.
  • I started mine 10 days ago seen a difference after 5 days.
  • Miss ana3067,
    Squats don't have to be done 20- 30 squats in a row, do them 1 or 2 at a time. It's all about form, working up to more squats at a time and really just the personal satisfaction of completing something with a good possibility of a couple of stronger tighter muscles.