Ok - Exercise Opinions please

Options
I have started the 30 day shred recently. So doing this once a day every day for the next couple of weeks.

Question is - would adding a running training program into the mix be too much? Its like the couch to 5k only its 4 weeks and its like couch to a mile.....(for us extra lazy people)

Opinions please....

(Also, free free to add me if your looking for any support)

Replies

• LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bex22mcn
    bex22mcn Posts: 90
    Options
    Before hurting my knee a couple of months ago I had started the 30DS. I did it for 10 days (before falling down the stairs) on top of my normal gym routine (4 days per week) and I got (what I condeider to be) amazing results just in that short time. I think you will manage the 2 no problem!
  • stephaniehope
    stephaniehope Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Maybe just do the 30 Day Shred for one week, just to see how you manage, and then try adding in running 2-3 times next week. That way you're working up to it, as you build strength and start to feel more fit!

Good luck!
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    I did the same ...C25k and Ripped in 30 for about 3 weeks, I think because it's only 20-25 min workouts I do not think its too much:-)
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I always add a 3 mile jog/walk at the end of 30 day Shred to make it a full hour workout. Makes me feel good to know the entire jog/walk is in "fat burn" mode. Of course, I only do 30 day 4 days a week with fat burning Yoga the other 3 days.
  • sexyprincess69
    Options
    :smile: I too is on the 30 day shred I am on day 29 level 3 day 9. I have been doing the treadmill as well. i don't have good news for you in turns of major results. I have not lost weight or inches. However I am seening a bit of definition in my arms.. I think for me I need the 60 month shred. I you can add running to your program. I just gives you that extra burn
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    Thanks everyone - i may give it a go and see how it goes - its only 20 mins three times a week. =)
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I recommend not doing the Shred daily. When doing weights you are suppose to give the muscles a day of rest in between workouts. Basically, lifting weights causes microscopic or cellular damage to the muscles and you need that rest time to repair and rebuild the muscles. If you don't rest, then you get tear upon tear and don't improve in strength. By doing the Shred every other day, that gives you time in between to start your running program without doing too much too soon.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    30DS hurt my knees and feet and threatened my running so I dropped it.

Unless you're a seasoned exerciser, don't attempt to do more than one session a day. You'll get just as good results and be more likely to stick with it if you do them on alternate days.