Gastric bypass journey

Hello, I'm 30 years old. I started my journey at 417lbs. I was 389 before surgery and currently 281.2. I had RNY 08/31/14. It was not an easy decision nor an easy way out. I've busted my tail for every pound lost. My hunger returned at three months post op and I've been struggling ever since. My weight has been up and down for the past six months at least within 10lb increments. I've increased my workout from 2hrs/ 3 days a week to 2hrs/ 7 days a week for the past 1 1/2 weeks... Determined to lose 105 more lbs and distract myself from this intense hunger I experience on a daily basis... I do my best to curve hunger pains with bottles and bottles of water... But going to the bathroom every 20 minutes is a pain :/

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Welcome to the site :)
  • stacey28358
    stacey28358 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks :) I've been on here awhile to track my activities but never utilized the other services :)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Sorry you went through that, & will have to deal with it the rest of your life. :confused:
    But congrat's on the weight loss so far.
    Suggest looking through the groups to find a supportive environment from others who have done the same to their bodies.
    In general, the open message boards are not friendly to such things.
    Heck, even using an appetite suppressant gets some pretty negative responses, and that's not a permanent change.

51637601.png
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Have you talked to your doctor about this? Do you have a dietician?

I'd make sure you're eating enough protein.

There are several support groups on here that will be of much more help than the general population :)
  • laree66
    laree66 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey S. I'm 8 years post-RNY. I started at 320+ and I am now officially half the woman I was before. I still worry about the reaction I receive when I "admit" (implying guilt) that I have had a gastric bypass. In fact this is the first time I have posted due to this frustration but MKE's warning really gets my goat and I realize I need to speak out. (Not you MKE, but the need for a warning). In my case every deathly issue linked to obesity was rearing it's ugly head -- obesity kills and people don't get it. Like, would you take off your gangrenous foot if it would save you from constant sepsis or death? No one would bat an eye? Ack -- prejudices torque me off, and I'm tired of catering to them! lol So I would love to talk things over with you if you would like. I've made some huge mistakes, but there have also been successes. I'm still learning as well. :) It is not easy! But, you can do this -- including the trips to the restroom!
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    I assume that you have a dietician as part of your treatment team. You might want to go back to them and have a look at your diet- you might need to adjust your percentages. Everyone is different and we all find we have our own quirks. Talk to your doctor about getting a referral if needed.