Plateau Help!

Options
I fell off track for a few days and now I gained 5 pounds and I cant seem to get rid of it! I'm pretty sure I'm in a plateau... does anyone have any help or suggestions to help me get through this?

Thankss

Replies

• she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    Have you tried zig zagging your cals??

This happened to me just a few weeks ago. As soon as I started zig zagging, the weight just fell back off.
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    If you're stuck in a routine, I recommend changing it up. Do some excercises you've never done before.
  • spirited_angel
    Options

This happened to me just a few weeks ago. As soon as I started zig zagging, the weight just fell back off.
    What exactly is zigzagging ya calories??? as im in position put a few pound on n cant shift it¬
  • kgnibus
    kgnibus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MORE PROTEIN! More movement! LESS CARBS...not NO carbs, just less simple sugars!
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Change up your routine a little! I've heard that the zig zag calories can help too!!
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking plenty of water, and not eating too much sodium, in case some of that 5lbs is water weight. Good luck!
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    Well i certainly cant workout anymore than i do,otherwise ill be going to teh extreme and my hubby already says i do much !! lol
  • tassles
    tassles Posts: 172
    Options

What exactly is zigzagging ya calories??? as im in position put a few pound on n cant shift it¬

zig zagging your cals is eating way over your calorie allowance one day then the next day eating under....this tricks your metabolism.
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh thanks hun x think i manage that nearly every weekend!!As i work hard all week then on a saturday i have treats!!take away and driinks ect
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Well, first, a "few days" does not a plateau make. A plateau is at least several weeks of no progress.

Second, unless you ate 17500 cal over maintenance levels, you didn't gain 5 lbs of fat. You likely have some water retention from sodium, carbs and lack of water. It can take a week or two to get rid of that, so just get back on track and be patient. :wink:
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    Well, first, a "few days" does not a plateau make. A plateau is at least several weeks of no progress.

Second, unless you ate 17500 cal over maintenance levels, you didn't gain 5 lbs of fat. You likely have some water retention from sodium, carbs and lack of water. It can take a week or two to get rid of that, so just get back on track and be patient. :wink:
    Cool hope your right i been at this now for nearly 3 years and have maintained within half a stone for over a year but went on holiday and came back a few pounds heavier than when i went.I am working really hard to try n get it back off but feel like im a on a losing battle!!
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Zig zagging is basically a technique body builders use bc if you're always at a calorie deficit, then you tend to not be able to gain muscle mass. What it practically means is that you alternate how many calories you eat-- for example on Monday you eat 1600, then Tues 1400, then Wed 1600, Thurs 1400 and so forth. I have used this technique before when I plateau and it seems to help :)

Best,

Debbie