Night time snacking

Options
I am so bad at snacking at night, I need some tips on how to break this habit !

Replies

• lee658
    lee658 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    drink water, clean your teeth early and mouth wash. Get your mind set ready for bed instead of reach for the snacks. If you must snack healthy, baby carrots for example.
  • CapnVillainBLK
    CapnVillainBLK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    lee658 wrote: »
    drink water, clean your teeth early and mouth wash. Get your mind set ready for bed instead of reach for the snacks. If you must snack healthy, baby carrots for example.

Brushing teeth and using mouth was is advice I never thought of. I have eating after I've done that.
  • Bree1441
    Options
    Thanks guys I will try that, the self control thing is getting tough right now lol
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I snack at night - I just save some calories for it. Why do you need to stop snacking at night? Can you fit the snacks into your daily allowance or not?
    -
  • Bree1441
    Options
    I just always heard snacking at night was a bad thing, don't give yourself time to digest
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Bree, if you can, maybe plan for snacks in the evening in your food diary. I do that, because I feel like I want something to eat before bedtime. I make sure I have enough calories for a snack before bed, but nothing too large. A slice of dry toast and a piece of fruit, or a bowl of home popped popcorn (I don't like the microwave kind--blech!), or if I've really busted butt at the gym, a treat a few times a week. As long as it fits in my calories for the day, I'm golden. Also, planning on having a snack in the evening lets my mind settle down, knowing that I AM going to have something to eat again soon. It cuts way down on the feeling of "I just HAVE to eat something!"
  • Jesusisalltheworldtome
    Options
    If my husband and I get hungry at night, we eat sugar free jello with a small amount of cool whip. Very low cal ! : )
  • Bree1441
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Good to know there's ways to deal with the habits lol
  • nissanmama
    nissanmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I often have dinner around 6-ish and then it's 10:00 pm or later before I go to bed. The "eat every two hours" part of my brain gets very grumpy as my blood sugar dips no matter how much protein I had for dinner. I find that a cup of hot herbal tea with some Splenda not only relaxes me for bed, but gives me that full feeling without any calories. If you don't want to do artificial sweeteners, you can do Truvia or just do the tea plain. I'm partial to Lemon Zinger. In the summer, I like to do something water-based like cucumber chips (slices) with a dash of chili powder. Sometimes protein is the best thing so I might have a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and then walk around with the spoon when I'm done to sooth the oral fixation.
  • iamburke
    iamburke Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I stay up late and am starving at night. I save calories. Oatmeal fills me up and is low cal. G luck. You are not alone!