Dating

Options
PearBerry929
PearBerry929 Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
Does anyone have any tips for getting back into the dating game? I haven't been dating much because I feel like people only judge me for my size and nothing else. (Other than straight up losing weight, because, hey! I'm doing that!) Does anyone have any ideas? What have you done? What works? What doesn't?

Replies

• Just115Pounds
    Just115Pounds Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Be comfortable for yourself and only yourself. The right guy will come around in no time if he sees that you are comfortable with who you are! And remember: only change for yourself, and no one else. Because in the end, you are your biggest motivation! :)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I don't date and haven't in over 12 years, problem solved, lol. If I did, I would follow Just115Pounds advice though. Anyone who doesn't like you for you isn't worth it.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just115Pounds and jnv7594 gave some great advice.
  • BeardedStudWarrior
    BeardedStudWarrior Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've dated very little since my wife passed away. However, I can say this... Don't settle, and date who makes you happy.
  • bprincess77
    Options
    :) I didn't date for 4 years and just out of no where met with a long time friend and he never changed the way he saw me , even tho this time around he was like what happened he meant it in a good way, and for my luck he runs, reads and is into organic ,natural clean eating so I am blessed to say I am with a very good partner. But it doesn't take away how I feel at times or the way I look (naked) but he is supportive and always says beautiful things to me ..so yes being yourself and honestly what changes is our outer shell we remain the same and our light is even brighter. Good luck and when u don't look it appears on its own ..this was never in my plans well I thought it wasn't . lol Add me by the way I'm new to the blogs!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've been in the normal weight range for almost two years, and I still don't date. Solitude becomes a habit. I suggest you shake it off now if you're lonely. Just don't date anyone who has a hangup about either your current weight or your weight loss goals.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Try online dating :-) I've certainly had my fair share of crap experiences, but I've met some really nice people that way, that I'm still friends with even though we didn't have a connection. Sure there are creeps, but the bright side is that you can learn to be assertive :-)
  • TrailBlazerMN
    TrailBlazerMN Posts: 202
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have realized that we will never find happiness in someone else. We MUST be happy with ourselves and truly love being who we are. This doesn't mean we don't continue to grow when we are happy with ourselves. It means we become more enlightened and find ways to express ourselves whether it's through art, writing, singing, service, etc., since we feel we need to transfer all that energy outwards into the universe. Even if we never share our way of expressing ourselves with others, it still get radiated outward.

When someone has reached this point of awesomeness and enlightenment where they just have an overabundance of joy and happiness, they will then draw potential significant others into their life.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Love finds you when you least expect it :)<3
  • elfof2moons
    elfof2moons Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did the online dating thing to meet my husband. One thing I always did was make sure one of my photos was a full picture of me. I wanted to make sure any guy that I was talking to knew what I looked like so I didn't have to worry about whether he would accept the way I looked. It made me feel better knowing that if I did meet a guy I wasn't trying to hide my weight. It worked for me.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I did the online dating thing and have been dateless and celibate for two years, constantly being rejected online for not being 'hot' enough (and no, I'm not messaging hotties!) and for only being 5ft 8.

I date the gym 5-6 times a week now!
  • fostyjh
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as PearBerry929...I haven't really dated since my divorce...I'm just not confidant enough. These posts are really helpful :)
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I recently encountered a complete psychopath on an online dating site...and this isn't the first time that's happened. So, don't invite that chaos and drama into your life. Who needs their phone being blown up with tons on phone calls and creepy nude photos at 3am??!!

Anyway - how about letting your friends know that you're 'single and ready to mingle'. Maybe they can introduce you to some nice guys :)

I haven't had a legit boyfriend in almost 3 years :( It's tough out there and sometimes I want to give up, but there's a small part of me that still has a little hope!