Taking off the weight to save my knees

Options
Hey guys!

I've been on here for a few weeks and I'm loving it. It's awesome to have the nutrition content at your fingers. That said, I'm a 6'1 26 year old gal with a penchant for outdoor activities and eating too much. I joined as I've already had 4 knee surgeries and currently have a partial torn ACL. I've been hearing the lose weight to make it easier on your knees talk for years now but it wasn't until some recent photos that I realized its become a serious problem. Despite my 50 extra lbs I've managed to go hiking and backpacking for my job during the summer but it occurred to me... What more could I accomplish if I didn't have to carry my extra flesh along with a huge pack? How much easier could it be on me? Perhaps I could enjoy my evenings instead of holding an ice pack on both knees....

So. I'm here, dedicated, and I'm going to make it happen. Looking forward to cheering everyone on in their own personal battles, and darnit, when we shed our cacoons, we're going to be some healthy, happy, high flying butterflies :) Feel free to add me, I'm particularly keen to meet some other tall gals so I can get a visual.

Cheers!

Replies