Confused

for breakfast today I ate organic Quaker instant oatmeal with fat free milk . Lunch I ate roman lettuce, spinach, beans, onion with a little bit of salt . For dinner I just ate a quick raisin bran cereal with 1% milk . And throughout the day for snack I ate celery , apples with vanilla bean cream dip, and pineapples . I drank green tea with every meal. Yet it says I'm eating too little . And also mentioned something about carbohydrates and how I'm eating too much

Replies

• lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Probably because you are eating too little.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    It would help if you posted your height, weight, and goal along with your total calories, fats, proteins and carbs.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    You're not eating enough calories. Try using full milk, salad dressing, add some nuts or peanut butter to your snacks to add calories. Going over your carbs won't hurt your weight loss goals, but you might want to think about incorporating more protein and fat into your diet- see above suggestions :)
  • there are natural carbs in fruit and vegetables. you maybe need to have more content in either your lunch or evening meal. to eat too little you may not see the scales move the right way.
  • faduma123
    faduma123 Posts: 58 Member
    Thanks guys for your help
  • faduma123
    One thing i was told too much carbs is bad. I've been afraid to eat something that tastes good to me because I'm afraid of consuming too much or having cravings . Those kind of things is what got me over weight
  • faduma123
    15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.swsoa5win4x24.jpg
    sl.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/fs/hjrphtmifga6.jpg
    m0cf26y8w9lo.jpg
  • faduma123
    5'7 height
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    I'm not up on all of the ins and outs of how MFP sets calorie goals...but 1100 a day seems really low.

You need more protein, more fat and fewer carbs.
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    I'm confused how it even lets you have an 1100 calorie goal. You could be eating a lot more and still losing if you wanted to.
  • faduma123
    Thanks I will definitely add more protein and more fat thanks
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    faduma123 wrote: »

Fat and protein sound good to me.

Also change your goals to one pound a week. Or one half pound a week.
    You can experiment and see which of those two works for you.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    faduma123 wrote: »

Add more calories. You should be eating at least 1200 calories per day, and eating back at least half your exercise calories. I'd also recommend lowering your calorie goal to 1lb per week. It's not a race.
  • faduma123
    Thanks I do feel really week at times . Thanks so much
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    eat more.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    I'm not up on all of the ins and outs of how MFP sets calorie goals...but 1100 a day seems really low.

You need more protein, more fat and fewer carbs.

I always though MFP didn't go any lower than 1200, this is new to me!