Pedometer.

Options
Can anyone recommend a good pedometer? I'd like to add another goal to my weekly fitness routine and I think tracking steps would be a fun one.

Replies

• onesfun
    onesfun Posts: 11
    Options
    I have heard that polar is the way to go. However I personally think they are all junk. get something that tracks your heart rate and your calories.. Just what my trainer told me. She has something that goes around her waist just under her breast. She loves it. Hope this helps..
  • artist444
    artist444 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A fun gadget out right now is a Fitbit. Its a device you can clip onto your clothing, pocket, etc. Its counts your steps, your distance, and how many calories you burn during the day and even at night if you where it then. It uses technology like the Wii. They run about $100 ,but seem to really worth it! Its completely wireless and automatically uploads your info, to a base connected to your computer when your within 15 ft. the base. I'm hoping to get one for my birthday this month. Just google it and check it out! There is a lot more to it ,but not as expensive as some of the other devices out there.
  • traveler0623
    traveler0623 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New Balance Mini Pedometer from Target was only $10 and it tracks your steps, distance, and calories. Plus its pretty tiny so it doesn't look bulky under your clothes :)
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor instead of a pedometer. I think it's just more useful. I do have several paid and free pedometer apps on my iPod but I never use them.