I'm Selena need friends :)

Options
smasters2014
smasters2014 Posts: 14
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Selena I'm 20 and have a 13 month old and need to lose about 20 pounds I'm about 145 on a heavy day and want to be 115 to 125 I'm 5 feet 5 inches I need some friends to help me stay motivated

Replies

• phyletik
    phyletik Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Selena! My advice is to get started, start off slow and to beat yourself up. A big challenge is the dieting/ intake. Therefore, filling in your daily food diary helps you see what you are intaking, what to eliminate and where to improve. I' ll be praying for you, God bless
  • smasters2014
    Options
    phyletik wrote: »
    Hey Selena! My advice is to get started, start off slow and to beat yourself up. A big challenge is the dieting/ intake. Therefore, filling in your daily food diary helps you see what you are intaking, what to eliminate and where to improve. I' ll be praying for you, God bless

Thank you! My biggest problem is I have a hard time eating enough!
  • phyletik
    Options
    My name is Oscar by the way. You're 20 so you have a good metabolism. Think of your metabolism like a fire with logs of wood, the wood being food. The key is to keep the fire don't let it go out by not feeding it wood, you must eat every 2-3 hrs; breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner. This way you use you metabolism to burn fat, if you let the fire die, then the body is gonna hold on to the fat because fat is energy and its sensing that its needs it to store it to have energy. Thus, you are not going to lose the weight
  • smasters2014
    Options
    Thank you I've been trying my hardest but it isn't working much it's very hard for me to have time to eat when I'm at work especially so I sometimes go 8 hours without food and sometimes even the chance to drink anything
  • phyletik
    Options
    Oh wow. Any breaks? Lunch?
  • smasters2014
    Options
    Not really only if we get everything done which usually is 930 at night then have to do paperwork and hurry to do another round before 3rd shift comes in I'm a cna at a nursing home
  • phyletik
    Options
    Well, you gotta take some breaks for yourself. Do you bring food to work? Can you? So that you gran something quick to eat.
  • smasters2014
    Options
    We can bring food but I usually don't unless it's just something like a fruit cup or a wrap but I've been wanting to find really healthy food to take cause almost everyone eats fast food daily there
  • phyletik
    Options
    Can you add me as a friend?
  • smasters2014
    Options
    OK just did
  • peiotter
    peiotter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey Selena, Welcome to Fitness pal! This site is great because of all the feedback it gives you when you input the food etc. You have a busy job and a lot of people depend on you. That makes it super important not to burn out. Small meals many times a day will probably work. Almonds are high in protein!
    Gwen
  • phyletik
    Options
    I agree. Also, i find greek yogurt thats is low in sugar is filling for a snack.
  • limbo2011
    Options
    Hi Selena
    You must try to eat the amount of calories recommended for your weight loss to begin .if you deprive yourself of calories your body will become more sluggish at burning off calories. Years ago I went to Weight watchers and when I was nearly at my goal weight I just couldn't move those last few pounds ,so I cut out more food and I still didn't loose those last 5lbs I had a chat with my team leader and she told me to eat more ! and like magic the weight disappeared . Selena please stick to the calorie intake for you that My fitness Pal recommends you will feel better and the weight will go. Selena you have a little toddler to keep you rushed off your feet so you will need some energy to keep your body fuelled to burn those calories.It will take time but I promise you in 4 weeks you will notice a big difference if you stick with it and fill in your diary everyday (most important) .I have done it and I really believe you can too .I'm here to support you. :)
  • smasters2014
    Options
    Thank yall I really am going to start doing better I need more protein for sure !