Mexican Food?---Help please!

Options
So, we're going to a Mexican restaurant for a friends bachelorette party! There is no nutritional info on the restaurant online. Do you guys have some suggestions on what I should eat that won't completely hurt me for the evening. I already know that I will exceed my calories...we will be drinking. But I already have a plan to limit that and no go completely crazy. But I really need some help with ideas for dinner!

*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    So, we're going to a Mexican restaurant for a friends bachelorette party! There is no nutritional info on the restaurant online. Do you guys have some suggestions on what I should eat that won't completely hurt me for the evening. I already know that I will exceed my calories...we will be drinking. But I already have a plan to limit that and no go completely crazy. But I really need some help with ideas for dinner!

*Kistinbee*
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I would go for fajitas and not add cheese, sour cream or anything else really fattening like that. Also at the begining of the meal I would ask for a to go box and before you even start eating put half of it in the box. Plus if avoidable (I know I couldn't resist them) skip the chips before the meal.
  • brendab
    brendab Posts: 78
    Options
    Taco Salad?? On a bag of Tostitos, 13 round chips is a serving. Why not eat 6 chips if you are tempted? Remember your goal and maybe just 1 drink. I believe we can still have fun, party, & maybe just limit ourselves & not try to keep up with those thinner buddies....Good luck & have a blast! :drinker: :bigsmile: Brenda B (man am I sick of H2O
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    yum! mexican is my fave!

try a dish that is big on veggies

avoid anything deep-fried (as always) like chimichangas

cheese and sour cream are a no-no so use salsa as a topper to add flavor without adding many calories
  • italianbellax3
    Options
    what is taco?
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    what is taco?

you've never had a hard or soft taco??

those corn shells that you put meat or beans, cheese, salsa, sour cream, etc. in?
  • dulceluva
    Options
    yum! mexican is my fave!

try a dish that is big on veggies

avoid anything deep-fried (as always) like chimichangas

cheese and sour cream are a no-no so use salsa as a topper to add flavor without adding many calories

I dont think Sour Cream is no-no at all. There are only like 25-35 calories in a tbsp and that tbsp goes a long way.

I love sour cream...I add a spoon full to anything (when I do buy sour cream).
  • italianbellax3
    Options
    i dont know alot of foods you have here
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    I had this same challenge last Friday night. I wasn't sure either. Since I've been staying away from carbs, I got a Taco Salad. It had lettuce, tomatoes, gucamole, cheese, sour cream, chicken breast & black beans. You can have the refried ones also. I made sure that they didn't put any rice in it. That worked out pretty well for me. Of course....I ate everything BUT the shell (since I'm staying away from carbs).
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help. This gives me some ideas. But, please...if you have more...feel free to add!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • abarney
    Options
    I would do a taco salad skip the fried shell or a soft shell burrito isn't too bad! Your pretty safe if you stay away from the FRIED stuff. Skipping the cheese, sour cream, and using salsa could save you some calories!! :)
  • moonchild6984
    Options
    here is a website that I found that helps you see what kinda calories you would be eating at a restaurant. So you can check out a couple different items to see what would be the best for you.
    calorieking.com
    Danielle:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    If you have a taco salad - stay away from the dressing (on the side) and the shell it comes in. I used to work at a Tex-Mex place and the taco salad had chips inside as well. I would go for the fajitas and get corn instead of flour tortillas (corn = 50-60 calories, flour = 150 or more per tortilla) Refried beans are full of salt, if you are watching that - I mean full, more so than store bought. Soft tacos are another good choice as are tostadas or tortilla soup.
  • loman13
    loman13 Posts: 52
    Options
    Here is another great site that lists a lot of places you would go eat......http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html
  • Erica92627
    Options
    sorry I had to giggle at "what is a taco" America has it all don't we? We are also now not the second or fattest country in the world, but the first. That is so disturbing! :noway:

Taco bell and del Taco... very cheap knock off 's of mexican food. I'm not even mexican but I know good mexican food when I have it ; thanks to my real mexican friends. lol
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would exercise more so that I could worry less about what I eat, especially for a special event like tonight. You can still cut back on the cheese/sour cream/guacamole, but then not feel AS guilty as if you hadn't worked out. GL and have fun!
  • italianbellax3
    Options
    sorry I had to giggle at "what is a taco" America has it all don't we?

i am not from here i did not know what taco is
  • lacey
    lacey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    fajittas? - also if You dont eat the tortillas that cuts out 100 calories each
  • italianbellax3
    Options
    fajittas?
  • dulceluva
    Options
    fajittas?

Sorry I didn't realise you are not from here.

its like a flat bread...a very thin flat bread that you can put whatever you want inside like chicken, beef, veggies and you roll it up and eat it.