Revealing Myself Honestly

Options
I took revealing pics of myself recently to help with my progress and I'm ashamed by this body I see. I don't feel that way about anyone else with the same issues, but now I see me for what I really look like and I'm a bit stunned. It's funny how I've looked through my eyes all these years and never really figured out how out of control this got. My top weight was 440lbs

Replies

• goodjoshboy
    goodjoshboy Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    . I have accepted this will be a lifelong journey and I will always have to manage this part of my life, but I have to work on my body image and learn acceptance of being in this body while making these life changes. This is a new thing for me.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    accept it for what it is, then put it in the past and don't ever look back!
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    first step is accepting that you are where you are and you want to change, then make a start, its not something that you change quickly, other than your attitude towards it. form good habits, don't get upset if it goes slow some weeks/months, if you lose inches and not weight then its working and you should not feel there is no progress

small steps to start with and track and weigh everything you eat.... as long as you eat at a deficit you will start to see changes... so don't do anything drastic because that never works long term
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Accept yourself as a work in progress. And realize that the people who love you don't view you as harshly.
  • Jkfriesen
    Jkfriesen Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Josh! I think you've hit the nail on the head. In addition to valuing your body though, perhaps we need to be more conscious of the reasons we've put on weight? Is it emotional eating? Is it for security because you don't feel good about yourself anyway? As a husband and father and via your pic, I can tell you love your family. Being healthy to set a precedent for them is also really valuable. And being around for the long haul! Thanks for sharing.
  • goodjoshboy
    goodjoshboy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first look - it can be pretty daunting. Start from today and move forward instead of dwelling on what you didn't do before. We only have now in our lives.
  • lisatink2003
    Options
    glenmchale wrote: »
    first step is accepting that you are where you are and you want to change, then make a start, its not something that you change quickly, other than your attitude towards it. form good habits, don't get upset if it goes slow some weeks/months, if you lose inches and not weight then its working and you should not feel there is no progress

small steps to start with and track and weigh everything you eat.... as long as you eat at a deficit you will start to see changes... so don't do anything drastic because that never works long term

• lisatink2003
    Options
    That's what I did also took pics it's hard but works x
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    That's what I did also took pics it's hard but works x

yes indeed, photos whilst harsh will certainly give you motivation and also progress... again whilst the weight might not change the way you look will and that will be reflected in the photos...

also @lisatink2003 well done on your progress