What cardio will compliment Crossfit training for weight loss?

Options
Hi,

I have a balanced diet and try and stick to my macros. My wife and I train in a Crossfit box 3 times a week, have done for nearly a year. While we are getting stronger, fitter and more defined we are struggling to lose our belly fat.

We are only a few kg over our target weight but the fat hangs round the midrift. We are looking to cut back our functional training a bit and try some more cardio to help hit our goals.

Any suggestions on a cardio style that compliments Crossfit training to burn the belly fat?

Replies

• ErniesMom863
    ErniesMom863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Running and single unders always helps. I personally hate running, but I always lean out faster when my program is heavy on the running. Single unders work too and are a little more fun.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Cutting back on the crossfit and doing more steady state type cardio is not your answer. Dial in your food intake better
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    When I had to vamp up my fat loss, I would either do a short sprint in the morning 2x/week (20 minutes, hiit style) in addition to my other workouts, or do the WOD twice. The WOD is more of a conditioning workout anyway, do it twice and you'll feel it!! My extra fat practically melted away! You could also try going 4 days instead of 3. That small change could make all the difference. Good luck