How much weight per size?

I'm a size 16, how much weight roughly do you ode before you go down a size? I've heard it's about a stone but has anyone got a factual answer or a rough guide to give me something to work too

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    This depends so much on genetics, where you carry/lose the weight, vanity sizing and differences between brands, etc. For me it's usually about 20 pounds up or down before I change sizes, but it really will differ for everyone.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    For me, it took about 30 pounds to lose the first size, then I've gone down a size about every 15-20 pounds since. The smaller I've gotten, the less weight it takes to move down another size. But like the above poster said, it truly just depends on your body.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    AlysonG2 wrote: »
    For me, it took about 30 pounds to lose the first size, then I've gone down a size about every 15-20 pounds since. The smaller I've gotten, the less weight it takes to move down another size. But like the above poster said, it truly just depends on your body.

I think this is true. I started in 32 in. waist jeans, so probably about a size 12. There's about 10-15 pounds between each size for me. Now I'm down to 28's, I think there's even less between sizes now.
  • kikiG1993
    kikiG1993 Posts: 7 Member
    See I was 12 and a half stone and a size 12, in now 14.4 and 16, so to get to a 14 probably between the two but it seems like such a big jump between a 14 and 16, like four inches away buttons on a 14 and some don't even pull up so kinda frustrated I really want to get down to a 14 for July but it seems impossible when I try them on!