My story

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Gail and I live in Port Stephens which is on the Mid Nth Coast of NSW in Australia. I am nearly 60yrs old and thought it was time that I did something to lose the extra weight I've been carrying around for the last 10years. I've had a few 'events' that has assisted in the weight gain, but no excuses anymore....one of those things is about 5 years ago I was diagnosed with "Diverticular Disease" and suffer constantly from 'flare ups', like right now.....I try very hard not to constantly be taking antibiotics, which is really the only treatment available for this disease, other than surgery and in my case it would be drastic surgery as the disease has spread throught the whole colon, so it wouldn't be a 'repair' job...so it's just something that I have to live with at the moment....and so my weight loss journey begins...at the moment I have managed to lose around 22.3kgs by mainly controlling my portions and doing a little walking....my aim is to continue the portion control and increase my activity.

I would love to hear from woman on the same journey as me.

Replies

• freddo52
    freddo52 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Gail, my name is Winnie. I come from Northern Ireland. Sorry to hear your not feeling well..I find weight to be a constant battle,but I started about 3weeks ago and so far I've lost 10 lbs. I've started going to a trainer guy I know and he s putting me through my paces.. My weigh in is tomorrow so here's hoping.... 23.3 kg is brilliant keep up the good work.......