My Fitness Pal vs Sparkle People

jazzy550
jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
what say you?

Replies

• mefitforlife9
    mefitforlife9 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Spent over a year and a half on SP, lost 70 ish - so I say yeah, but not as friendly as here or as user friendly as here. I'm here now, lost another 20 ish lbs - so both are working for me. and you?
  • jazzy550
    I like both too!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    I didn't appreciate the spam that I got from "Sparkz people" in my email... or however that awful site is called. I edited settings, still got spammed. Had to stop using the email just for that reason. No.

568071773_959085.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    calorie counting is calorie counting...they're just a way of keeping a diary, that's pretty much it...kind of like this hammer vs that hammer...it's a *kitten* hammer.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    calorie counting is calorie counting...they're just a way of keeping a diary, that's pretty much it...kind of like this hammer vs that hammer...it's a *kitten* hammer.

Have you ever tried using a 12 oz. hammer to frame a house? What about using a sledge hammer to drive a picture hanger? Your opinion is slightly flawed.... but I still get it.
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Nothing really bad with SP, it's just I find MFP easier to use. MFP has a much cleaner and simpler website that I hope they don't much around with too much. Sparkpeople's UI was just too...busy. That was a few years ago so maybe it has changed.
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    "Spark People" sounds like a cult. What is up with that name.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    There's a fitness site called Sparkle People? *snickers*
  • jazzy550
    undergloom wrote: »
    "Spark People" sounds like a cult. What is up with that name.

It's almost like a Facebook diet/exercise site.
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    is "sparkle people" for twilight and rpatz fans ???