Hey there. A mum looking to lose a lot!

Options
nexivred
nexivred Posts: 2
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all. My name's Jen, I'm 14 stone, I ditched sweetener over a week ago, and I'm at the start of a 3.5 - 4 stone loss.
I've already lost a stone since August but after the weight loss stalled I looked into what sugar free squash and sweet lattes was doing to me. After finding out about insulin I kicked sweetner to the curb!

Just looking for support and motivation as I've drastically reduced my sweet intake and I've been reliant on it for nearly 3 decades!

I've just turned 30, I have a 5 year old, and a 9 month old which I'm breastfeeding. I have hyper mobility syndrome and fibromyalgia, but I'm looking to lose fat and get strong!

Nice to meet you all :) Anyone in similar shoes?

Replies

• emartins1975
    emartins1975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen! I can relate. I gave up sweeteners back in Dec 2014 and still didn't see the results that I was hoping for. 3 weeks ago I decided to try Keto (low carb, no sugar) I only do 20grams of carbs a day and have managed to lose weight like never before. I feel so awesome, full of energy, clear headed, and happy. On top of that my stomach doesn't bother me they way it did when I ate high carbs/sugar. Add me and I will help in any way that I can. -Liz
  • ldunafin
    Options
    Hi Jen! I also have hypermobility as well as fibromyalgia. I'm 43 years old and wanting to lose about 40 lbs. I am not sure where to start with exercising considering the hypermobility and fibro, so I have started looking into that more. Hopefully we can help each other through it!
  • Slateofamuse
    Slateofamuse Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I can relate to being reliant on sweets, I am still struggling with that...I bake to much. I'm also a mother of two, a 5 year old boy and a 3 month old baby girl!
  • darylsami53
    darylsami53 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • nexivred
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for replying. Will add people and reply better in the morning!