Returning User Coming Back for Vengeance

Options
Vengeance against myself that is... for letting my body get back into this shape!

I'm a newlywed to a smokin' hot wife, and a new father to a beautiful, sweet, innocent seven month old baby girl. I'm here AGAIN (my 3rd "starting line" on my journey to weight loss) because they deserve the best.

I've always used MFP for tracking, but rarely for community - so I'm here looking for support buddies along this journey. I WILL get it right this time!, hopefully with some additional support and encouragement along the way. :)

God Bless and hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday.

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your marriage and your baby girl! It's great you want to be healthy for them. I am pretty active on here except on weekends, when I don't go online much. I will send a friend request.
  • Melicious78
    Options
    I am doing what you are doing - lifestyle change for slow and sustainable loss! Let's be friends! I am always looking for supportive MFP pals!
  • dawnlouisem
    dawnlouisem Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I also have used it before for tracking (with some success) but never bothered with the community aspect of it. I gotta say I think it makes a difference having a network of people who are in the same fight. Sending you a friend request.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    My husband almost never logs in here... but I wish he would because he's kind of just starting off being serious about the whole thing, esp the workouts, I think you guys would encourage each other. I'm'a prod him again lol.
  • eleblanc999
    Options
    Let's be friends! I'm always looking for more friends for support!
  • alicesdaddy
    alicesdaddy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I approved all the friends requests, excited to get to know all of you along our journey.

@gothchiq, that's right, get him, haha. This website truly helps me in several weighs. I've found it's a lot easier if you have the smartphone app with the barcode scanner.
  • Mark_on_a_Mission
    Mark_on_a_Mission Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the right attitude, and having a something to aim for - ie; being fit and healthy to play with the kids, is a great motivation! I've got 3 - 4/4/7 and for me not being a "fat dad" was a big part of why I decided to try and get in shape - good luck with the journey, and feel free to add me as a friend (same goes to anyone else too).

Cheers, Mark
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I also outkicked my coverage by marrying a woman out of my league. Love my lil ones like none other. Sending a FR.
  • alicesdaddy
    alicesdaddy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    She's DEFINITELY out my league, but I sure did luck out... I guess that's why I wanna try so hard. ;)