Options
2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    How does everyone else manage it?
    I don't stop going.
    Has anyone else here had this problem before?
    once in a while- if I'm deathly sick- or have an injury- I dial it way back- so maybe every 1- days- which feels like forever... and it's noticable- people know when you aren't there... and the reality is- it doesn't matter why you weren't there- they don't know why you weren't there... no need to make a production about it. Just go.

over thinking will make you not go- then you have no growth- just stop thinking and do the thing.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Quit living in your head and just go. No one's going to care. And if they do, **** them.
  • herot80
    herot80 Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Keep it simple. Suck it up.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    If I see someone at the gym that hasn't been there in awhile, I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that they are OK. Get back to it, man!
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to the gym since the start of December. There, I've said it.

Now I'm worried about having to go back and seeing the same people I have for the past couple of years, except now I'm visibly out of shape and I know I'll have to start again from scratch. I know that I shouldn't be worried about it, and I know that no one is actually going to care or notice, but it still fills me with fear. It's also hard to be motivated because I have no choice but to get up very early and workout before my job starts in the morning - after work and late nights aren't an option.

I'm ashamed that I've effectively ruined two years worth of work in the space of two months. Okay, maybe that's an over reaction, but you know what I mean...

How does everyone else manage it? Has anyone else here had this problem before?

Has anyone ever told you you look like WWE wrestler, Cesaro?

Far too many times!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Two months - you've lost some fitness and strength, but not all of it. I usually read that 6 months is *almost* a reset, although you can usually rebuild more quickly if you've already built it once. But not two months. Two months is huffing and puffing and being frustrated by the weight you lift/speed you run and being back where you want to be in a month or two.