Need help with encouragement

Options
Hi I'm Kathy if anybody can help me with encouragement that would help I have lots to lose and get so discouraged that it won't happen :'(

Replies

• shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kathy, feel free to add me I know what it's like because I have been in your shoes. I am down 130 pounds in just over a year without a crazy fad, pills, or surgery.
  • nrusso62
    nrusso62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy! You can add me too - I've been on this journey for one year (I'm following the Venus Factor) I've lost 30 pounds and inches. I have another 30 to lose. It's a marathon not a sprint! One day at a time :)
  • southern31605
    Options
    Thanks I appreciate it
  • southern31605
    Options
    Nrusso62 it's not letting me add you
  • lalsop
    Options
    Hi Kathy I know you can do it gal !! It has taken me 8 months to loose a stone but by doing it slowly it has definitely helped keep it off ! I ramped it up 2 weeks ago simply by eating a bit less and doing a tad more exercise ! Was starving for the first week but it has got a bit easier this week. I had lost 4 pounds and that was motivation for ploughing through it ! How are you getting on ??
  • southern31605
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement less eating and moving more
  • donnap126
    donnap126 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Kathy u can add me I am in the same boat have a long road ahead it seems overwhelming but I know it's possible we just need to stay positive
  • kimfandino
    kimfandino Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Kim. Feel free to add me. I've lost 86.4 pounds since August 25, 2014. It's been a ride, but consistency always bears results!
  • sandrarinck
    sandrarinck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kathy if anybody can help me with encouragement that would help I have lots to lose and get so discouraged that it won't happen :'(

Hi. Let me help. No matter how discouraged you feel just remind yourself that Something is better than Nothing.

So even if you feel like all is lost and it's pointless and you want to quit do at least one thing.

One sit up. One push up. One minute walk... Just anything. Just do something.

You're welcome.
  • 78ttylorcat
    Options
    Kathy,

It sounds cheesy, but it truly IS about the journey. I lost 40lbs five years ago...the first ten pounds took 6 months. Focus on the GOOD things you are doing, NOT just the weight. Did you walk this week? Or make a healthful food choice? Focus on the little victories. Hold yourself accountable, but DON'T beat yourself up either. We are all human, and slip up from time to time. Take each day as it comes, don't think "How am I going to do 'this' for 6 months?" Instead, think "You know what, I can do this today, and I won't even allow myself to get overwhelmed thinking about tomorrow."

You can do it - do not give up! : )
  • southern31605
    Options
    Thanks a lot I enjoyed reading this and made me think about the way I was thinking☺️
  • southern31605
    Options
    I'm having a hard time adding people could yall please add me thanks so much Kathy
  • addy2261
    addy2261 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! It takes time and hard work. I went on a working out hiatus and spent all of the past 6 months eating and laying in bed. I gained AT LEAST 10 lbs and felt so crappy physically and mentally. I would give up on working out because I didn't see the changes as quickly as I wanted but finally (about two weeks ago) I put a stop to this and just did it not to look good but to feel good (looking better was an added bonus) and to be able to focus better since I am working and going to school full time.

I stopped eating as much and snacking at night and eating just to eat. I also started working out. I work out every day (if i get a chance) and if I can't for a day or two it's no biggy because I need rest days anyway! You also don't want to make your workout goals, like time spent working out and amount of days, unrealistic for you to keep up with because you are setting yourself up for failure. It's only been two weeks and I already see changes. Not huge YET (too soon) but I see the changes and I feel so much better.

Don't fixate so much on what you looks like. Focus on wanting to be healthy and adding exercise and conscious eating to your lifestyle, reasonably and realistically, without it turning into your enemy.

You can do it!

Good luck =)
  • jsmorden
    jsmorden Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started my weightloss journey. I could also use support. Please feel free to add me as well. I know you can do this. It's so important to get things straight in your mind. You deserve to be healthy! Looking at before and after pictures that others have posted really helps me. Also reading their success stories is encouraging.
  • Poodles56
    Options
    Kathy,

It sounds cheesy, but it truly IS about the journey. I lost 40lbs five years ago...the first ten pounds took 6 months. Focus on the GOOD things you are doing, NOT just the weight. Did you walk this week? Or make a healthful food choice? Focus on the little victories. Hold yourself accountable, but DON'T beat yourself up either. We are all human, and slip up from time to time. Take each day as it comes, don't think "How am I going to do 'this' for 6 months?" Instead, think "You know what, I can do this today, and I won't even allow myself to get overwhelmed thinking about tomorrow."

You can do it - do not give up! : )

Love the way you put it - I get so inpatient to my own detriment. It is truly one day at a time!

• southern31605
    Options
    Thank you all means a lot to have support please add me if you would like thanks again ..kathy
  • pixie0610
    pixie0610 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Kathy! Feel free to add me as well! It's a tough journey and you get discouraged along the way but keep sight of the light at the end of the tunnel!!
  • 19_84_jade
    19_84_jade Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • calcasola
    Options
    I have no idea how to add ppl
  • bmp1290
    bmp1290 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Feel free to add me :)