So I took my "before" pictures this morning.

Options
And I will not be posting them. At least, not right now. But I've never been more motivated in my life. I knew I had weight to lose. What I didn't know is how I actually look. Especially from the back. I never knew I had excess fat on my back or the extent of the cellulite on my legs.

Today, I am starting a new lifestyle. Healthier, more active, and I'm going to put these things first. I intend to never look the way I do now, ever again.

My wedding is in 200 days exactly. I am going to feel awesome when I walk down the aisle in my dress.

Did anyone else feel this way when they first looked at their "before" photos?

Replies

• Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Seeing myself in pictures especially from behind is always shocking. When I look at pictures from 80 lbs ago I can't believe that I just never really "saw" what I actually looked like.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    This is hard, but it's what I did & it worked!

Print those pictures out & put them on the fridge. 68 lbs ago, I put mine up & said "This doesn't come down until I'm under 200 lbs." My wife HATED it...but 3 months & 38 lbs later, I took it down! Good luck!
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    it is great to have before pictures! I didn't take any because I was ashamed of my weight gain. But I have before pictures from parties and I can see how hard I was trying to make myself look good. You can do it! Just keep that motivation burning, don't let it die down!
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have a few "before" pictures, and yes, I hated them when I took them. Now, though, they are awesome because I can see exactly how far I've come. You may hate them now, but when you can compare your progress pictures you will love seeing the results of your hard work.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I took before pictures, cripes. It is motivating because you don't really realize what you look like unitl you see a full body picture of yourself. Then you think, god, that is how everyone else sees me? It's fun to have before pictures and compare them to your progress pictures. I'm snapping a picture with every 5-10 lbs I lose.

A wedding is excellent motivation to lose weight! Congratulaions and good luck.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I didn't take any either, because I'd rather not look at that! lol But, I do have some pictures of me in a bikini from our vacation that could serve as "before" pictures because they were at my max weight. I realized how bad it was when I was putting together our annual photo album--with or without clothes I looked fat! Much less so now, and soon not at all! :smile:
  • mhausler93
    mhausler93 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one who had a hard time with their "before" self. Hoping I can get to GW by wedding day!
  • hanscanlan
    hanscanlan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It's important to have a good comparison. I took a during photo when I was half way there - wich took the sting out of that first gross one. :)
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Taking my before photo is what really made my mind realize that this was real! It was painful and I've looked back at them once. Unfortunately after 6 months I'm only down about 28lbs so the difference isn't that great, but I do feel better and I'm in much better place with my health and fitness. Again, for me, by pressing the photo button, it turned my brain on. Good luck with your goals and your upcoming wedding.
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I took before pictures (in bra & knickers - front, side, back) on Jan 1st 2015....and yup, it was a shock....especially the back view of my *kitten*!!!! I lost 13.5lbs in January and took the pictures again (same undies/same poses) on Feb 1st. It's so motivating to put those pictures side by side and see the progress. Still have about 28lbs (or maybe more if that's not enough) to lose. Am doing 1st of month pics in the undies until I get the body I want!!! Then I might put them on the success section.

Good Luck!!!!