I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options
Food milestone yesterday. Mid afternoon, about that time hunger starts. Quiet office, I walk in the kitchen and someone put out a whole cheesecake on the counter to share with everyone. My instinct, grab some and I did. Walked back to my office, began logging it in MFP. Right before I was about to eat it I stopped an threw it in the trash. I'm sure for some this sounds simple, for me this was huge. One, it's cheesecake, two I have difficulty wasting food (probably from growing up without much of it) and three it was cheesecake. Kinda proud of this moment.

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Why did you throw out perfectly good cheesecake? Just don't take a slice.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You could have mailed it to me. lol
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Glad you made the choice to not eat it- but was kind of rude to take it then throw it away.... that being said- I have had times where I have picked something up- taken a bite or two and realized it wasn't worth it- and then chucked it... being able to turn down delicious food is a really empowering feeling.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Good job resisting the urge to go over your macros! you should be proud you are able to control your eating :)

BUT Why did you throw out good food?! you could of just brought it back to the kitchen or give it to a coworker. I understand its the significance or symbolism of throwing out "junk" but at the same time...its cheesecake!

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Poor cheesecake.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :'( for the cheese cake.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I get the sentiment behind this, but couldn't you have offered it to a coworker instead, or even put it in the fridge for someone else to grab? I don't think it's ever OK to waste food like that.
  • mommymissy82
    mommymissy82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good job for resisting the urge and realizing you have the power over the cheesecake...as for throwing it out...really, it's not the end of the world, she is becoming stronger by doing so and saving someone else the calories :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I disagree with most so far and think throwing it away was fine. But, I'm something of a germophobe and really wouldn’t want someone to return food once they've taken it. Besides, once you take it, it's yours to do with as you please.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    WayneBradt wrote: »
    Food milestone yesterday. Mid afternoon, about that time hunger starts. Quiet office, I walk in the kitchen and someone put out a whole cheesecake on the counter to share with everyone. My instinct, grab some and I did. Walked back to my office, began logging it in MFP. Right before I was about to eat it I stopped an threw it in the trash. I'm sure for some this sounds simple, for me this was huge. One, it's cheesecake, two I have difficulty wasting food (probably from growing up without much of it) and three it was cheesecake. Kinda proud of this moment.

So you took a slice of a cheesecake that was there to share amongst you and your colleagues and instead of simply letting someone else have it, you threw it in the bin. I bet you're dead popular in that office.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Congrats on wasting food and ruining another coworker's day

lha6Jo9.jpg
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    boo hoo...he threw away a slice of cheesecake...give the guy a break...

i bet it was a reactionary thing he did to just toss it in the garbage. had he been rational, he would have passed the slice on to someone else - or not taken the slice to begin with.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :s i just i just nop sorry I hate when people say something like #firstWorldProblem but really I grew up in a third world country where very commonly people wake up and do not have anything to eat, not saying that's your problem but please be conscious next time, don't trow away perfectly good food.
  • karencercone1
    karencercone1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Before I eat something that looks delicious like that, I ask others, "Is it worth the calories?" I personally see nothing wrong with throwing it away, if it empowers you to make better choices to get closer to your fitness/health goal, what's the problem? Good for YOU!
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Just died laughing at this. OMG no idea why it was so funny to me but thanks so much for posting. Hahaha!
    WayneBradt wrote: »

I don't like cheesecake, but everyone I know loves the stuff so I know it must have been tough to toss it. Kudos to you for not caving in to it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    boo hoo...he threw away a slice of cheesecake...give the guy a break...

If you brought food in that you either baked or bought for people, and someone took some then threw it out without eating it, how would you feel?

OP, it's good that you resisted even after the fact, but I would consider the ramifications beforehand. Could you have fit it into your day? Even going over your calories, you can eat a little less the next few days to make up for that.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    if i brought food in for people to share (and I have), its none of my business what anyone does with it after i leave it up for grabs.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Well- guys- I have some good news.

Cheesecake was lost today- but I made two cakes for birthday celebrations- so I'll be eating my body weight in cake and butter cream frosting.

I'll personally try to make up for the loss of the cake.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Well- guys- I have some good news.

Cheesecake was lost today- but I made two cakes for birthday celebrations- so I'll be eating my body weight in cake and butter cream frosting.

I'll personally try to make up for the loss of the cake.

I think I want a slice of Junior's in tribute to this post....

5865801774_4c43b4d400_z.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!