What is your motivation?

Options
Stevearoonie
Stevearoonie Posts: 43 Member
edited February 2015 in Getting Started
I believe success in any venture is achieved by knowing and having achievable goals and having strong motivations to reach those goals.

Today I reached my second NSV goal that I had set for myself. The goal I had set was to be able to wear my wedding band again. My motivation was and is to be able to let everyone know that I'm taken by a wonderful woman and that I'm committed to her.

So what are your goals and motivations?

Replies

• karencercone1
    karencercone1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am motivated to get into my pre-pregnancy clothes--( from 9 years ago..LOL) and continue to prepare to run my first half marathon sometime this year! I never thought I would ever be interested in that!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated by my roller derby team. We have a travel team that you have to try out for. I made the travel team this year, but I need to STAY there, which means pushing myself harder.

Also, my boyfriend is a marine and deployed...I want to be 30 pounds lighter when he comes home.
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to go to my son's baseball games. His team plays on a field that is about a mile from the nearest parking lot. Add in the stairs to get in and last year I missed so many games because I just couldn't get to the field. I hope getting some weight off will let me move with less pain.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated by my fiance. He is a triathlete and we are constantly surrounded by his tri buddies so it's had a great impact on me :) I've dropped 20+ pounds and love it!
  • hermajestee
    hermajestee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    And also to have a community of like-minded people! MFP is awesome in that! Feel free to add me if you would like the encouragement!
  • kellybabe05
    kellybabe05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated by my kids! I have two sons and a daughter, and I'm determined for them to have a healthy and strong mama. I love my mom, but I grew up watching her struggle with weight and poor body image, and I picked up on that. I don't want that for my kids.

I also want to lose the last 25 lbs before TTC baby #4 in 2016!