what do u reccommend

Options
Hello i've been working out for well over a month now the first month was with a trainer who only weighed me in the beginning and 30 days later. I'm no longer with the trainer but still active what do u suggest as far as good weigh ins once a week or ever 2 weeks or do u think i should still weigh in 30 days out all responses are greatly appreciated..........

Replies

• Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    I think weigh ins are highly personal, but for myself I weigh in every monday mornning after using the bathroom and naked :)
  • lisamarie1227
    Options
    i weigh weekly because i like to know that what i am doing is still working. i feel like any longer than that would be wasted time if what i'm doing isn't working. i would rather know sooner than later.
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You'll find a huge range on here, from people who weigh themselves every day to those who avoid the scale at all costs! I'd recommend anywhere from once a week to once a fortnight if you want to keep track of the numbers
  • MicheleRussell
    MicheleRussell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also a Monday morning weigh in gal. I like to have it on Mondays to help keep me accountable over the weekend when I have the hardest time with getting my exercise in and to eat right. It is a very individual thing though
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday at the same time without clothes on so I get as much as an accurate weight as possible and I've been doing that since January and it works fine with me, keeps me motivated for the next week to see what my weight is.
  • bstiver
    bstiver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wiegh daily but only record on a week or every other week. I use it a "yay good job" or as motovation if the scale moved up.
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Hey, I always weigh myself every morning and once a month at the Gym. ( I'm a bit of a number/stats freek ).

Also if you have acces to a local gym or smth like that they will often have scales that give you a estimated % of bodyfat and other stats. Say you lose 10 pounds in a month but that doesnt mean you lost 10 pounds of fat that month you might have lost 1-2 pounds of muscle and 2-3pounds of water and then maybe only 6-7 pounds of actual fat.
    So if you have acces to one of those scales make sure to weigh yourself on that one once every month orso even if you stay around the same weight that month maybe you did lose 1,2 or 3% body fat and you dont have a bad feeling about staying or losing almost noting that month.
  • tate355
    tate355 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you all very helpful:wink: