A good gym in South Bend/Mishawaka area???

Options
Hi guys,

It has been a long time since I posted anything....my life just seemed to get up and run away with me. I had some trouble with my heart beat last month....thank God that seems to have calmed down and I am treating it with medication.

Now I am facing a new challenge. My dear dad is facing very serious surgery on Feb. 7. I will be traveling home from Thailand, leaving my precious son and husband to fend for themselves for we dont know how many weeks, to be with my dad and mom and family while we go through this together. ( He is 78 and very frail due to an extended illness)

I am sure that I will need a place to duck away and work out and stay healthy so that I will be better equipped to help my folks and also stay on track with my goals.

Does anyone know of a good gym with treadmills and/or a swimming pool which would allow me to buy a month's membership... I am going to look into the local Curves where my sister works, but it is a completely new workout which I would have to learn. I guess I dont mind that , as long as I dont find it too stressful while I am dealing with everything else. I may just need to dive into a pool or jump on tread mill and go into my 'zone' and talk to God, ya know?

I am very interested in all or any inputs. Bless you guys. and please say a prayer or have a good though for my dad, Jim.:heart:

Replies

• deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

It has been a long time since I posted anything....my life just seemed to get up and run away with me. I had some trouble with my heart beat last month....thank God that seems to have calmed down and I am treating it with medication.

Now I am facing a new challenge. My dear dad is facing very serious surgery on Feb. 7. I will be traveling home from Thailand, leaving my precious son and husband to fend for themselves for we dont know how many weeks, to be with my dad and mom and family while we go through this together. ( He is 78 and very frail due to an extended illness)

I am sure that I will need a place to duck away and work out and stay healthy so that I will be better equipped to help my folks and also stay on track with my goals.

Does anyone know of a good gym with treadmills and/or a swimming pool which would allow me to buy a month's membership... I am going to look into the local Curves where my sister works, but it is a completely new workout which I would have to learn. I guess I dont mind that , as long as I dont find it too stressful while I am dealing with everything else. I may just need to dive into a pool or jump on tread mill and go into my 'zone' and talk to God, ya know?

I am very interested in all or any inputs. Bless you guys. and please say a prayer or have a good though for my dad, Jim.:heart:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Don't know where that is - north, right?:tongue: but most hotels will offer a month's membership if you just need the basics.

My thoughts are with you and your dad.
  • deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea, Mary, I had not thought of that, and there are plenty in South Bend, home of Notre Dame University.