Wedding Coming Up Need Friends for Motivation

Options
mizzsami
mizzsami Posts: 33 Member
I am getting married in June 18, 2016 and need to lose a 100 pounds by my wedding day. I tried on some wedding dresses yesterday and realized it time for a major life change. Twoyears ago I had lost 70 pounds and my fitness pal was my best friend that help me get there. Last year when I got into my relationship I started gaining back all the weight. It's been about a month since I started changing my habits and I am down 5 pounds. I have a long journey ahead but looking for friends to join me. Please let me know what you have been doing to help keep the weight off. I am open to many suggestions. My biggest down fall is drinking at night. I am good for eating very healthy but the drinking is what i need to cut out.

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you already have a handle on it. When I got on MFP etc., I never said I was giving up alcohol until I hit goal – but that is essentially what happened. I had a ton of weight to lose and wanted to lose as much as I could as quickly as I could (knowing it would take over 1 year) and necessitate eating a healthy / nutritious diet.

With the low daily calorie target I set – there simply wasn’t room for it. I also knew it could be a trigger at times for other unhealthy foods.

73641431.png
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! Just got engaged, we have talked about a beach wedding in this gorgeous destination and I wanna wear a beautiful flowing gown!! I need to lose about 75 lbs. I dropped 60 a couple years ago and gained half back!!
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in September 2015.. Not specifically losing for my wedding though, but more for my health...looking fantastic in my wedding dress will just be an added bonus. Feel free to add me if you want and we can keep each other accountable!

• mizzsami
    mizzsami Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It totally is a trigger for unhealthy foods. In the last month I have done really well not late night eating which has always been a struggle for me- NikonPal

kountrygrl27- Where are you guys thinking of doing your destination wedding? We are doing it in a hall. What did you do before to lose the 60 pounds? What are you doing now to get on track?
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! Sounds like you know what to do. Make sure you are adding some exercise in too.
  • stuffhollysees
    stuffhollysees Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in September 2015.. Not specifically losing for my wedding though, but more for my health...looking fantastic in my wedding dress will just be an added bonus. Feel free to add me if you want and we can keep each other accountable!

My wedding date is the 26th of September, when is yours?! I'm with you on just getting healthier :)

And mizzsami - feel free to add me so we can keep each other motivated!
  • ksmi141
    ksmi141 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement and your [weight] loss! I'm not losing weight for the wedding, exactly, but impressing the fiance is a top goal. :) Add me if you'd like!
  • LightingChick
    Options
    I am also getting married this year, my second time. I have different goals, different motivators this time around! Not a big wedding, just a close one with our kids and close family. Still it's a goal to help get me on track.

We set the date for this August, and need to lose about 20 to get me back to a healthier range. I lost 60 a couple years ago, but have been eating and drinking again as well. My fiancé and I joined a gym this last year and that's helped since he needed to get back in shape too. I need to get out of hibernation mode and into kick butt mode again!! Add me if you like!