Losing Weight

Options
Hey Everyone,
My name is Kathleen and I am pretty new to myfitnesspal. I am anxious to lose weight, and I know it will be quite a long process. I am aiming to lose at least 50 pounds, 60 if I can. I am 25 years old and my parents are always on me about my weight. I had quite a few traumatic experiences in the last 7 years which has led to my drastic weight gain - at 18 I was a cool 125 pounds. I need to do this for myself, for my boyfriend, for my job, and so that I can acgtually have a normal conversation with my parents that doesn't either start or end with "hows your weight going? it's an issue that needs to be dealt with". I'm ready to gain my confidence back!
- Kat

Replies

• brionuh
    Options
    i'll be 25 in a couple weeks, and i'm working on losing quite a bit of body fat too! i'm sorry to hear that your parents are always on your about your weight, but just stay focused and you can do this :)
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Until you are 1000% ready to do it solely for you, I've found its tougher, forget the job, the boyfriend the parents, do it for you and the confidence will come in time! Once you're totally committed, you'll be surprised how fast it can come off. I lost that in less than a year! Good Luck and have faith in what YOU can accomplish!!
  • claudiamg84
    claudiamg84 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat! Sending you a friend request :)
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kathleen! It will be a long process because you didnt gain all of it overnight, so it will take some time. I'm 24 and looking to lose 80-90lbs. My first weight loss journey in 2012, I lost 65lbs, and put most of it back on.

Feel free to add me, if you are needing some extra support.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You need a profile picture to be taken seriously here.