Anyone tried Belviq?

Options
2»

Replies

• trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Sadly there are no quick fixes to lose weight. It takes hard work, dedication, and consistency. Age and health issues play a part in how rapidly we can lose but ultimately it can be done. I'm sixty-five years old, also with high blood pressure. One day I just decided to stop eating large portions, and overly processed food. It wasn't easy and it took time (over a year so far) but I have lost almost 41lbs. I educated myself about calories in, calories out, TDEE, BMR, BMI, macros, etc. I learned how the process and our bodies work. It's doable at any age. Like Nike says, "Just do it."
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »
    Sadly there are no quick fixes to lose weight. It takes hard work, dedication, and consistency. Age and health issues play a part in how rapidly we can lose but ultimately it can be done. I'm sixty-five years old, also with high blood pressure. One day I just decided to stop eating large portions, and overly processed food. It wasn't easy and it took time (over a year so far) but I have lost almost 41lbs. I educated myself about calories in, calories out, TDEE, BMR, BMI, macros, etc. I learned how the process and our bodies work. It's doable at any age. Like Nike says, "Just do it."

LIKE!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Birdie1952 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Belviq to help curb their appetite? If so what was your experience with it.

I have not. have you tried eating at a calorie deficit?

If you eat calorie dense foods that should curb your appetite.

Did you read the long list of side effects above? Not good.
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this drug as well and wanted to give it a try. Thing is, once you go off of it, won't the weight come back? That's what happened to me when Alli first came out; the stuff was awesome; I lost weight and was happy. I stopped taking it, and the weight came back. It was a safer pill and FDA approved, but who wants to walk around wearing extra pads in case of fat/oil leakage?? There's always a price to pay with these drugs.
  • Nireedk
    Nireedk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I just (yesterday) starting Belviq. I would love to find a myfitnesspal support group for using this product. In my mid-40's, I started packing on 15-20 lbs with a sedentary desk job, 3 kids, and too busy for exercise, but didn't modify my diet. Plus, metabolism was probably naturally slowing down. About 2 years ago, I joined myfitnesspal and worked hard ... calorie count 1000-1200, daily walking which turned into gym exercise, and over 1 year I lost 24 lbs from 142 to 118. 142 lbs may not sound horrible to a lot of people, but on a 5'0" frame it was definitely overweight as you can tell from my profile before picture. But to get there I was fanatical ... I HAD to calorie count and HAD to work out and at times I felt like that had become the priority over my family. Finally it got to a point that I was depressed, guilty, and felt a prisoner to the calories and gym and having nearly (within 3-8 lbs) reached my goal weight, I started to slack off. Boom. Within 6-9 months nearly all the weight came back on before I realized it! I am so p*ssed with my self and just can't bear starting over with a year to go again, especially at 50 years old, its just that much harder. When expressing my issues at my annual physical, my primary care said I could try Belviq and RX Vit B12. My goal is to "quickly" get back down to my goal weight and figure out how to maintain it without spending my life in the gym instead of with my family. I probably need to refocus on what I am eating and a more productive workout regimen. So far, 1 day, 1 lb, some positive side effects (no hunger, no craving), and a few weird (but at this time manageable) side effects. If anyone wants to reach out to me privately about this and develop a support system for Belviq users, let me know.
  • debloveswine
    debloveswine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    belviq was banned in parts of europe. that should be scary enough.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    belviq was banned in parts of europe. that should be scary enough.
    So was free speech. I'm not sure following their lead is inherently good.