S/p gastric sleeve

Options
hi!!!

March 17 2015 marks my one yr anniversary. Lost 40 #. I seriously need 20 more off. This surgery is not easy. The brain is not prepared for it! I hate it most days. Hopefully I can lose these 20 more # to get off diabetic meds. I was able to get off high cholesterol meds. It has been a learning experience and I am still learning

Replies

• scorpiopassion
    scorpiopassion Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!! We have the same surgiversary, I had my sleeve done March 17th, 2014 and I agree this has not been easy. I have alot more than 20lbs to lose and I have gotten off track. I thought I would have lost more by now, but oh well. Im trying to get back on it again and lose the rest of this weight. Hopefully we can be friends.
  • blaire9938
    blaire9938 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I had gastric bypass over 10 years ago and for the most part I have kept most of my weight off. I was 405 pounds before my gastric bypass, my lowest weight after the surgery was 222 pounds, and I'm 5'8. I weighed myself this morning and I was 259.4. So over the course of 10 plus years I have gained back 37 pounds, which is not bad, but I want the weight off. I had a tummy tuck as well a year ago, so I do not want to have had these surgeries and put back on this weight. I'm determined to get back on the right track, and the support of this forum I think will be a huge help and motivator for me.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! In at the very start of my journey. I was sleeved Jan 15th. I'm very excited to finally be on the losers bench!
  • scorpiopassion
    scorpiopassion Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is good to see fellow bariatric beauties on this forum....would it be ok if I add you all??