Breakfast Ideas?

Options
I am struggling on something to eat for breakfast. I have to be at work early and I like sleeping in so I usually just grab something to go. Most of my breakfast since I have been trying to lose weight has consisted of cottage cheese, bagel thins or toast. Occasionally I will grab a protein bar. Im getting kind of burnt out on all of those and looking for something new to try. The hard part about it is that I don't have a microwave at work so it has to be something that I can fix relatively quick in the morning or something that I can fix the night before and tastes good cold. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Eggs, I just had three eggs scrambled with spinach, mushroom, onion, and swiss cheese, it literally took four minutes to make, I can fry or baste eggs in two minutes. Oatmeal is also good to go.

Rigger
  • kali_athena
    kali_athena Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    All frozen, but can be done in 3 minutes at home for your preference to grab and go...

Kashi frozen waffles (put some nut butter and bananas between them for a sandwich)
    frozen steel cut oatmeal bowls
    frozen Jimmy Dean D-light bowls
    Amy's breakfast burritos

You can also throw together nut butter and fruit tortilla wraps on your own.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I make baked oatmeal. In a baking dish. I use milk, banana, blueberries, pecans, brown sugar, etc. it is really good. The night before I just scoop some out in Tupperware to eat the next morning. I microwave but I think it would be good cold too. Although I mean, it's just a minute in the microwave, it wouldn't be hard to make time for that before you leave for work.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are my go-to quick breakfast option, I make them in the blender in the evening so I can just grab the container in the morning. This is my basic recipe:

1 cup almond milk
    splash of orange juice
    1 banana
    1 cup frozen berries
    fill blender to the top with spinach

This makes 2 servings for me!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I've got a dorm-fridge in my office. Had a LOT of people bringing in horrible food....was much easier for me to bring that in and stock it with water bottles, string cheese, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc.

"breakfast burrito/taco" - made at home of course....saute a little onion, cubed ham, green pepper....add a beaten egg or two, little salt/pepper - put it in a tortilla when it's cooked through.

You could even make a frittata or straita (don't know if that's spelled right, but they're like an "egg casserole"). Make that in a baking dish or skillet, then slice off a piece put it in a wrap or on a piece of bread.