chocolate guilt

Options
So due to the gym earlier I've got 300 calories left. Will I just feel guilty if I eat a mars bar?? X

Replies

• Princesspetal7
    Princesspetal7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    How do you use up extra calories at the end of the day? X
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I usually try to plan my day including my exercise so that I don't get stuck with a ton of extra calories or overages at the end of the day. If I have a lot left over, I'll mix up some plain greek yogurt with peanut butter and chocolate chips for a sweet treat.

There isn't anything wrong with having a candy bar if it fits into your calories.
  • jporter1183
    jporter1183 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals for each day ahead of time, which I find extremely helpful so I don't go overboard or run into situations like this where I have calories left and don't know what to eat. Highly recommend trying it if you can.

With that said, I eat a kitkat or some other chocolate bar daily, I just fit it into my calories. Hasn't stopped me from losing 25 pounds. If you REALLY want the Mars bar, just have it. Of course sensible you says you should probably eat something healthier, but if you really want it go ahead. This one Mars bar won't hurt you in the long run.
  • AntonioP23
    AntonioP23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    IIFYM - If it fits your macros

If you have the calories to spare and have hit your macro and micro nutrients then then is no reason you can't have whatever you want.

There is absolutely NO need to feel guilty

A calorie is a calorie - regardless if you have 300kcals of mars bar or 300 kcals of something else
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.

Rigger
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you should never feel guilty about indulging in some delicious chocolate every now and again - as long as you work it into your calories and don't go overboard! Sure, simple sugars found in most chocolates may not be the best choice compared to healthier alternatives, but if you force yourself to stay on track and eat ideally 100% of the time, it'll be much harder to resist the urge to tear open bars upon bars of chocolate when in the face of it. I try to save some calories at the end of every day for me to reward myself if I'm good. I ignore those articles saying it's "bad to reward yourself with food," as this has been a very helpful motivator for me so far and will continue to be one for years to come most likely. If I don't get to look forward to that piece of chocolate or small bowl of ice cream after dinner - I'll end up sneaking it in elsewhere, and a lot more of it than I had originally planned!
    So long answer short, no, don't feel guilty. Just don't go overboard and make sure you log it. If you can, it's always better to choose darker chocolate, of course, but one mars bar after a workout is definitely not the worst thing you could do to yourself! You deserve it :)
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It's hard to not feel guilty but I agree with everyone else, if it fits in your calorie goal, go for it!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Why associate guilt with food? Do you want the Mars bar? If so eat it and enjoy it.

I usually end every day with gelato or something I baked
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I always end the day with something sweet. Ice cream/gelato, graham crackers with flavored cream cheese, pudding, or a couple squares of dark chocolate. It all depends on how many calories I have left.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate daily, and I almost always end my day with ice cream. I've still lost weight. I just make sure it fits in my calorie goals.
  • Princesspetal7
    Princesspetal7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    AntonioP23 wrote: »
    IIFYM - If it fits your macros

If you have the calories to spare and have hit your macro and micro nutrients then then is no reason you can't have whatever you want.

There is absolutely NO need to feel guilty

A calorie is a calorie - regardless if you have 300kcals of mars bar or 300 kcals of something else

Ah thanks everyone. I will enjoy it. What are marcro and micro nutrients? X
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I eat chocolate practically every day as long as it fits within my calorie alottment. No reason to feel guilty about it!
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'd go with better chocolate than a Mars bar. I have a couple of squares of Ghirardelli 86% dark chocolate most days. 60 calories a square and like main lining chocolate.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    If i have calories and carbs at the end of the day (and have gotten enough protein), I will totally indulge in a serving of gelato, a cadbury cream egg (yes, I still have some hoarded from halloween), or a few oreos. And I do so guilt free - as should you :D