BRA=BLAZIN

Options
Hey Ladies!!

So I have been fighting bra battle scars almost my whole life. I'm a 36 DD and have to wear a normal bra along with a sports bra. If I go without, there is far too much bouncing for my comfort at the gym. Anyways, I get really really bad sores on the inside of my chest, and they are scaring. What should I do?? I've tried putting pads there, but they aren't much help. I'm desperate, have any of you experienced this and solved it? THANKS!!

Side Note: I always wonder how all these fitness women wear push-up bras comfortably at the gym...still amazes me!

Replies

• Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Have you tried one of the underarmour bras, or some of the bras meant for more busty women (you'd get them at a fancy bra boutique, NOT VS or walmart)? I wear an underarmour one (which is still too small, so I have scars where it chaffes... but they don't make one that comes in a G cup), and it definitely helps with the bouncing.

Something like this might help. It's similar to the one I use... I'm smashing myself into a DD size... it's not pretty but I'm hoping that the girls shrink as I drop some weight.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Oh, and maybe some bio oil for the scarred bits?
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Spend the money on a good sports bra! Omg it makes a difference. I've done all the stupid tricks too but nothing beats being able to wear only one bra. VS has great sports bras now just go for the ones with maximum support. I have also found I like the moving comfort one's also. It's amazing what a great sports bra will do! Oh and I wear a 36dd in sports bras.
  • jls6462
    Options
    Well I have some very supportive sports bras, like really nice, they just don't seem to cut it...am I just being over cautious? Should I just let them loose so to speak hehe :)? I just don't know!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I love the moving comfort fiona bra. It works great for me. It is pricey but totally worth it! Nothing makes a workout or run feel longer than the "girls" bouncing out of control.
  • ncscott11
    Options
    I found that I prefer the underwire sports bras myself, I had never tired them until I got on here and had some recommended to me. I also firmly believe that just because one is "nice/pricey" doesn't make them great. There are some other posts about them too if you want to read. I love my VS Incredible sports bra. I had it recommended by a friend I play softball with and as much as I was skeptical I was very surprised at the support!
  • clyn27
    clyn27 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do not have this issue but my mother does. She uses a bit of deodorant right down the middle to help with chaffing. She said once you start sweating baby powder doesn't help much, but a bit of deodorant right in the cleavage does the trick. I would also consider giving them a day or 2 to heal so you can get on top of the problem instead of chasing it.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD and use Under Armour, I also went to Nordstrom and got help picking a few out. life changing. I've never had any chaffing or anything like that happen, and I can't imagine wearing two?! I wear my hrm most days right under my bra I couldn't handle much more wrapped around me when I run.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of support in a sports bra (who doesn't?). I recently bought one of these bad boys and they keep 'em strapped down!

amazon.com/dp/B004GXA71O/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=18T15O14I0A95&coliid=I2VDN6T0RHHSRB
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You can also try doubling on the sports bras instead of 1 sports and 1 regular. Or be like me and work out at home and just hold them in place for jumping jacks lol.

And I agree about deodorant vs powder...powder sweats right off but deodorant will really help with the chafing effect.
  • clewpage
    clewpage Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32G, I wear an ENELL sports bra. As a runner, I cannot have bounce. The ENELL bra keeps my girls firmly in place and provides relief from my shoulders and back.
    It is specifically designed for larger breasts, and at a 32G, I ordered one of their smaller ones.
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Have you ever tried doubling up on the sports bras?

**oops someone already suggested that :)
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I double up as well even though I'm no longer heavy chested. I always liked having them locked and loaded and no matter how many sports bras I tried none seemed to give me the fit and support so while not always glamorous to look at function is key for me. Check out some of the flexible unwire (no wire) bras, I worried they wouldn't offer the support but once you top that off with the sports bra you're locked and loaded so they say.
    I agree, those girls at the gym with the push up bras, no idea how they do that without a malfunction! Good luck!
  • jls6462
    Options
    I will look into all of these, thanks ladies :) please don't be offended if I don't take some of the advice as I'm on a very limite college budget.... But maybe for my birthday I could splurge :). Thanks again!
  • ncscott11
    Options
    Find the bra you like then search ebay and amazon. I got way better deals on the bras there!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Stop doing exercises that cause excessive bouncing until you can afford good/proper support. Or- dial it back down- so you can double up on the compression/support bras 2x a week- and do low impact that won't require so much.

I can lift with a regular bra on- not ideal- but it works. I won't do anything else with a regular bra- no jump ropes- no stair master- no treadmill (okay- I'd walk on an incline at a reasonable pace but I'd never do that b/c I'm too lazy).... but I'd dial back down and or alternate/drop the frequency- getting open wounds is an issue.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Definitely spend the money on good bras. I'm a 32DDD and would never be able to run without my Enell bras. They're not outrageously expensive (I've found them around $65) and are super ugly, but my girls are too important to me.
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If you're bouncing and causing injuries to the skin, you're not wearing the proper size bra nor the proper bra for the activity. 80%+ of the population is wearing the wrong size bra. Get a real fitting at a real bra place, not Macy's or Victoria's Secret. It is life changing to have a proper fitting bra.

Or you can do what I did initially, get a reduction. Only thing is, they have a tendency to grow back. I'm bigger than I was before mine 10 years ago.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The runner's community are experts at preventing chafing. Try this stuff, available at any runner's store:
    http://www.bodyglide.com/
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Hey! What's going on heeere....

omgwtf.gif