Bodymedia Replacement Armband

Options
I use Bodymedia and MyFitnesspal at the same time. I am in need of a replacement armband strap. I have been looking everywhere for one for over a week and can not find one. Do anyone know where I can purchase a replacement strap? Are there other alternatives to the replacement strap I can use to keep the Bodymedia device held on my arm/wrist/legs? I use it on my arm. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to one (assuming this is the one you need): http://www.bodymedia.com/Shop/Accessories/Replacement-Armband-strap_2 I also use a Bodymedia armband. I love it!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    They were half-off a the Body Media store a while ago. I bought a new one.
  • Psychgrrl
    Options
    Also, I switch arms. Left during the day, right at night. I have sensitive skin and keeping it not he same arm did' work well for me.
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys. JessRaddatz, when I go to that link to order a couple of replacement bands, here is what I come up with,
    "Unavailable Options

We do not sell item Fashion Armband Strap
    for Advantage and LINK Armbands with that particular combination of options. Please select a different combination of options."

That's when I went on the hunt for a replacement armband/strap from wherever I could find it. I have not been having success. It's as if the vendor that used to sell these bands stopped. I sent Bodymedia an email about this after posting my original thread but they haven't responded yet.
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for a BodyMedia Core armband size small. Thus far, I'm not finding a source either, but I'll share if I do. I'm not ready yet to give up my Core.
  • kikathediva
    kikathediva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just try ordering...it seems that the system is working. My core broke and I wanted to see if a strap would be available as that is the weekeast link.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Check on ebay. I've found some BodyMedia stuff there.
  • PollyPickpocket5
    Options
    Jawbone (who now owns BodyMedia) is not selling products that support BMF any longer. The best would be to try Amazon, eBay, or previous users. I know several people looking for replacement armbands and are not having any luck.

If the plastic housing it snaps into is in good shape and you just need a new elastic/velcro band, and feel crafty you could make one yourself. Try Joann's or Hancock (or whatever fabric store near you) for elastic and velcro.

Good luck!
  • concertina6
    concertina6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Has anyone come up with a DIY replacement when the plastic housing IS broken? Both of my straps are cracked and I can't find replacements anywhere (even on eBay, amazingly enough).
  • Psychgrrl
    Options
    My BodyMedia unit died and I just changed over to Garmin after doing some research. Since BM was bought out by JawBone, I'm not sure they're really developing the BM products any longer.
  • RockMJ79
    RockMJ79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to the page that I found to get replacement arm bands.
    went in circles looking for one
    http://www.bodymedia.com/Accessories
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I just tried to order new armbands and got shot down, lol. It's too bad. I don't use my bodymedia all the time, but I like to use it to verify my numbers are still the same. I haven't tried all the trackers, but I have used a Fitbit and Garmin Vivofit. The bodymedia by far is the best one.
  • Dreaseal
    Dreaseal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have also tried to find the BM Link armband strap as mine is about to go and am also having no luck. If anyone does come across these I'd love to know where. Thanks in advance.
  • grk_tigris
    grk_tigris Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have strap for the link (my unit took a dunk in the pool by accident). I have a working BM core but both my straps have broken housings. During the day I find tucking it in my bra under my left arm works but looking for straps or a solution for use during workouts. I sweat a bit much and am worried about shorting it out. If you need the straps please feel free to contact me. I can mail those out and if you have straps or a solution please help.
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am still looking for another outfit. I did order some small bands from 'Dotfit' by mistake since my last post and I purchased several small bands. Oops. They don't fit around my arm but I wear it on my ankle (which I like better now). Dotfit no longer sells them them though so I'm looking for another outfit. If I come across something, I will be sure to let you guys know. The Bodymedia product is awesome. It's a shame something like the band makes it sucks to use.