Your hardest habit to stop?

Options

Replies

• froggieteacher55
    Options
    Soft drinks. Even though I usually don't drink more than one per day, they always cause me to go over my sugar goal for the day. I don't like diet. I wish I didn't like any of it haha
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    White chocolate almond milk mochas. I have one every morning. I tried quitting them a week ago, but totally caved.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Losing my temper at people taking their health information from magazine trying to sell sexy. (Oh, and confusing "healthy" and "I wanna bang that person." And if you try to argue evolutionary biology with me about it, you'd BETTER be an evolutionary biologist with a minor in sociology or psychology)
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Eating too much.
  • mvexplorer
    mvexplorer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Binging on junk food. I could easily eat six reese's eggs (hearts, trees, pumpkins, depending on the season) or an entire medium pizza in one sitting. I need to learn moderation when it comes to treats, because I will never last if I completely cut them out.
  • Joelley1007
    Joelley1007 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Late night snacking. I do great all day and then late at night I just want to eat. I'll even wake up in the middle of the night and eat :(. Some nights are better than others.
  • Solarized
    Solarized Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Driving past the health club instead of stopping to work out. Still haven't broken that one.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Beer. I love beer and unfortunately I have a high tolerence for alcohol so 2 beers doesn't cut it. If I'm gonna drink I want to get a buzz and it takes about 5-6 Coors to get the job done, which equals 900 calories. So, instead of drinking beer I've switched to sparkling mineral water.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Mine's kind of like yours...I always feel like eating something sweet after lunch (even more so than dinner). I usually make it a 60 cal Ghirardelli square or something similarly low cal.

Yep, that's me, too. I never used to eat desserts, but my husband always has. Now, no meal seems complete without something sweet for afters. I blame my husband :) To take responsibility for myself, I just eat *a little* something sweet. My current fav is Ghirardelli (trusting you spelled that correctly :smile:) Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt. Yum!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Smoking, I quit 22 years ago and still have the occasional craving. Compared to smoking, dieting is easy.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I had dry mouth for years and developed a habit of "blowing bubbles" to my lips to wet them, now I can't stop and it's unattractive.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    ral878 wrote: »
    I hate seeing wasted food, parents always made us clear our plates and now I can't stand to toss food, even if I'm over stuffed I have to polish off the plate, and maybe the table

Well, at least that's an easy fix. Use a small plate and don't put as much food on it as you normally would!
  • Hotshoe1200
    Hotshoe1200 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would have said chocolate before 2015, but due to some gastritis, I've been off my diet Coke since January 1. I had headaches for a day, and dozy afternoons for about a week, but now the physical signs of deprivation have vanished. All I have left it the psychological symptoms. At night, watching tv. At my computer during the afternoon at work. With a burger, With chili. With anything salty. I miss my constant companion, my good friend and confidante. I struggle with what the future holds for me. Will I get to drink it again once I kick the gastritis? Or will I be the noble, healthy individual that I want to be and just leave it in the past? Will I have the self restraint, the willpower to just have a can a week? Or just when I go out to eat? Or just at the movies with my popcorn? I probably feel much like a smoker does when they are trying to quit.
  • PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Drinking heavy on weekends and then eating crap later tgat night. Waking up the next morning feeling like crap so I don't work out and then eat more crap.

Alcohol is the devil!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    For me it wasn’t a habit but habits. I would do well with my plan during the week and royally screw it up on the weekends. I would also eat out of stress and boredom.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Chips and reese cups. I try to fit everthing in my calorie goal . I can eat a 770 calorie bag of reese cups which is terrible. Its hard to give those up though so i just do daily cardio. The chip habit is going away.I see i dont need chips like that. I can find a healthier salt rreplacement for chips. My sweettooth craves the chocolate amd peanutbutter from reeses. After i eat those im good. Lol

Ever tried killing both cravings at once? A Ritz cracker with a smear of peanut butter dipping in chocolate is delish! Gives you salty and sweet at the same time. (although I realize this is a thread about breaking bad habits so maybe I shouldn't have suggested that - sorry!)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    pissing the day away, silly little projects that took away from workout time, then wondering where my day went. Once I got a handle on my time management I had no excuses.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    1st Quitting smoking, 2 years and still want one some days,
    2nd Sitting on my butt too long playing on the computer
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Incapable of sticking to my diet regimen when dating. All will power goes out the window as soon as the boys come to the yard.
  • annalisacola
    annalisacola Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I binge in the afternoon. I don't know why, but I feel soo hungry and I eat without any control.. then I feel sad and guilty,but I don't know how to get over it. Do you have any tips to give me? Feel free to add me :)