Stuck and can't lose

Options
hello, I've been on here before trying to lose and I can't seem to lose anything. I have some medical issues playing against me (missing half thyroid n had a full hystectomy) and I'm in zero medicine to help regulate any of it due to my doctor stating I don't need to be. I've gained over 80 lbs and may lose 10 but gain it all back. I don't know what to do to lose more n keep it off. I'm very unhappy with myself. Can help would be great. Thanks.

Replies

• keepmovinstrong
    keepmovinstrong Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassie feel free to add me as a friend. What have you been doing for exercise? I would love to encourage you.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    do you track everything that you eat/drink?
    and weigh/measure?

EVERYTHING?
  • cassiejmiller1981
    Options
    I do not weigh/measure. Scares the crap out of me. As for exercise I just walk.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I do not weigh/measure. Scares the crap out of me. As for exercise I just walk.

i think your issue likely lies right there.
    if you are estimating your intake, chances are really good that you are eating more than you think.

i'd recommend getting a food scale and accurately weighing/tracking your intake.
  • altogirl2
    altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Go to another doc and get a second opinion! If you only have half your thyroid that may be part of the problem.
  • leanne0627
    leanne0627 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Find a New Doctor! if your numbers are off and he wont give u meds he can't be a good doc
  • kodak1122
    kodak1122 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure my food all the time. I make sure I record everything even on my splurge days when I know I will blow through all my calories. The minute I don't do this I see the weight starting to come back on. I would also get a second opinion on the thyroid issue. Feel free to add me!